Full Throttle Saloon

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by robermv32, Dec 29, 2009.

1. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

I was flipping channels and came across a show called "Full Throttle Saloon" about a bar in Sturgis. I was just wondering if anyone has ever been there and if there are any interesting stories about the place. Seemed pretty cool. Might make a stop there next year.

2. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

Lots of skin and $6 dollar beers....Need I say more?

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Biglew not drinking "much" in SD...must have been on best behavior THAT day...:D

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Too many choices when it comes to drinking and partying in Sturgis, check out the Dungeon bar on main street, its a riot and u can sign in on the walls. The B and B in Spearfish has live music and an older setting

5. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

Yea, I've seen the show, I think there was only about 6 or 7 episodes. Pretty interesting to see how much stuff the owner has to go thru . Fights, bartenders ripping him off, hail storms ,etc. I'll say one thing, the guys office looks like a bomb went off in there. I enjoyed the show!

6. roadkingjohnny

roadkingjohnny Member

great show a week of sturgis.ole full throttle rocks

7. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

As far as the bar itself --- the wife & I were there before the rally this year and FTS was just opening up , cleaning and getting it ready. Lots of cool ol scoots and scooter bits and pieces , and the cab of a semi-truck. The back area where all the vendors would be and the burn-out pit. Don't know exactly what the drink charges are there - but have heard any where from $6 to $10 for beer and $9 to $15 for a drink? Like I said this is just what I heard. They do have a bunch of t-shirts,hats and other FTS apparell that are over priced!

As far as the show ---- I've seen a couple of episodes and - JMO here - ain't nothin but a nite time soap opera!!! BOO-HOO poor me with the dreadlock hair I'm not making any money !!! The show of the day the hail storm hit there the owner NOT once( at least I didn't hear him) asked if anybody got hurt or ask how the patrons bikes were or nothing. Just "cry-babied" about how much neon he lost and already saying he has $50k in damage ,blah-blah-blah!!! HE HAS INSURANCE FOR THIS!!

I like the bar and it is pretty cool in person but not a fan of the tv show!! JMO so I'll get of the box now!!

8. BikeSAG

BikeSAG Active Member

Seen the show. Going to Sturgis in August 2010. Staying near Hill City. Certainly will have to stop by and check it out.

9. captkirkis

captkirkis Active Member

Seen the whole series of the show, and enjoyed it, as did my 14 yr old son......lol:lolrolling We (wife and I) went to the black hills in early July and stopped in at the Throttle and met Fajita Mike (the drunk cook). I don't even think it was noon yet and he wanted us to get drunk with him:cheers:lolrolling....but too much to see, so we checked out the grounds there and rolled out. As I said too much to see in the black hills to waste your day drinking.....IMO....If I ever go there DURING rally, I might go there for the Jackyl show.....I would rather go pre-rally, not as much traffic.:D

10. roadkingjohnny

roadkingjohnny Member

:newsmile011:love those flaunt girls