free website stats program fuel pack or not? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel pack or not?

If you go with the download you will still be running lean. I would run it until you get the money and then install a tuner. Some have more features then others. If you plan future upgrades spend the money up front and get an advance on but if you are not looking for that a fuel pak would be enough.

My first impulse was to go with the fuel pack or power comander as the option of rigging it up to the computer was appealing...then I realized I had no clue what i would be looking at on the computer anyways. The Dobecks is so extremely easy to install and if you have the basic stage 1 set up now, it is already programmed for that when they ship it. It is quite a bit better of a bargain overall price wise, especially if you are military/Law Enforcement or Fire. Not pushing any one particular product, you read long and deep enough you will find enough pros and cons on all the options to stagger your mind and really confuse you. I am simple, I am a novice wrencher and the Dobecks was the best deal in town at the time. I absolutely love the improved NOTICEABLE performance my bike got after install. Good luck and keep us posted. Oh, and the customer service tech did not make me feel like an idgit when I called for a problem...which was my own doing, forgot to re-hook the fuel line when I installed and she wouldn't start. lol.

I had the Fuel Pac and did not like. The support was poor. I went with the Power Commander.
+1 on power commander. Im running a power commander V and love it. Easy to install and setup. Plus will adjust as you make upgrades.

i have instaled the zodiac tfi, on my fxdf, more or less the same unit as dobeck, so simple to install and use improves throtle response, stops popping on deceleration, all in all a great unit,
the price is great to.

I have to say I hear good things about the Dobeck but never used 1. On my previous ride 2006 fxdci I used a Power commander 3 and it worked ok after a lot of fine tuning. So thats bring me to today I now have 2012 Switcback and didnt want the hassle of tuning so after a lot of reading in the differnt forums I decided on the the new Cobra powrpro. totaly self adjusting. A little pricey but everyone gave it good reviews so $ 488.00 dollars and about and hours time its on and its awesome. Only got to do a short test run but no popping or ping and great throttle response. I aslo installed a k&N filter and a D&D Fatcat. all total took about 6 hrs for all the work. Will post more after more road time.

Back