fuel pack or not?

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by UsMc16, Apr 6, 2012.

1. UsMc16

UsMc16 Member

Just bought v&h Q series exhaust w V&h aircleaner, for a 2010 fxdwg. Do i really need a fuel pack or can just get the bike re-tuned? kinda low on cash for now.

2. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Perhaps the easiest and best solution is a tfi by dobeck with membership of this forum you qualify for a discount support is available directly through the forum or by a call direct to Dobeck many members use their products and seem to be very happy with the choice the price and the great level of support
    TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

Brian

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

A "retune" by the dealer will cost more than a TFI and is not adjustable.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3rd vote for Dobeck
    You will not go wrong...

6. UsMc16

UsMc16 Member

yes i have heard alot about the tfi, well looks like im gonna be savin some more. thx guys

7. ChiroRick

ChiroRick Member

Fuelpak. I bought one for my 2008 FXDC. Last week I installed a V&H Big Radius and Screaming Eagle intake. Holy cow it was easy to use. Once I got it plugged in, I was ready to ride in 5 minutes.

The dealer download will cost more, and you can't modify it later. The V&H Fuelpak was the easiest part of the upgrade.

I know alot of folks on here are pushing the Dobeck tuner, and I can't say it's any better or worse, because I never used one. All I know was that the V&H Fuelpak cost $215 and was a piece of cake to use.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  8. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

did the V&H exhuast come with a new header pipe - OEM exhaust has the cat. doesnt it?

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Like Jack stated (great discount) and by the looks of your UserID (UsMc16) I believe you qualify for the military discounted price which is very affordable for the features & capability of Dobeck's TFI. Almost 3-yrs w/mine & still running strong...great device!

10. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Not pushing anything. Doebeck, hands down.