free website stats program Fuel Gage Reading Incorrectly | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Gage Reading Incorrectly

I have the same problem only worse. My fuel guage reads full all the time. I replaced the sending unit - float assembly today but didn't fix the problem. Last resort I guess is to take to harley dealer .

I have the same problem only worse. My fuel guage reads full all the time. I replaced the sending unit - float assembly today but didn't fix the problem. Last resort I guess is to take to harley dealer .

Or you could just ride it like a Sportster without a fuel gauge and be sure to fill up about every 125-150 miles!

That's true and I do. I just like everything to work properly. Kinda like a bug on the windshield. I can see around it, it's just better without it.

Got a similar problem on mine,it never shows full,even when I can see it is.I stay safe by topping up whenever I think it might take a few liters,or before a ride of any distance.Ooorr,...as soon as practical when the marker reaches the dreaded red area!Like already said,keep a weather eye on your milometer,you get a feel for this after a while.Gets to be instinctive.:bigsmiley11:

Back