free website stats program Fuel Gage Reading Incorrectly | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Gage Reading Incorrectly

screwuphead

I have a 2008 Electra Glide Classic that i just recently bought. Ive noticed from time to time my fuel gage will read full when i know the tank is not 100% full and the low fuel light comes on. Has anyone had a problem like this before?

yes my Road King does that the dealer told me not to trust them very much as they flaot likes to get hung up on the fuel injection stuff in the tank and give a flase read from one tank to the next

nope 08 road king has the solid tank .. they warned me of this before i bought it

yes it is i have run mine own to what says is 1/4 th couple times on time it takes 2 gallons the other time 4

Do not think so i am trying to figure out milage and go from there and jsut use gauge as a referance .. course im used to this as my work vans isnt right either

Best fuel gauge on ANY motorcycle is the odometer! Figure out your typical mileage after a couple tankfuls and use that more than the fuel gauge.

I'm working on figuring what my bike fuel range will be. I used to only go 150 miles between fill ups, now I'm up to 170 +. I'm averaging @ 45 mpg, but I haven't been brave enough to see how far it will go before hitting reserve. Theoretically, I should be able to get well over 200 miles per tank. But I was told by my friends early on not to rely on the fuel gauge. :s

Back