free website stats program from road king to street glide?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

from road king to street glide??

Thanks for all the input, guys.... I never really ride without the windshield, so the "permanent" fairing is not the problem, just curious if the steering is "heavy" or is the "view" restricted at all. Just like to hear opinions from experienced riders:s

Thanks for all the input, guys.... I never really ride without the windshield, so the "permanent" fairing is not the problem, just curious if the steering is "heavy" or is the "view" restricted at all. Just like to hear opinions from experienced riders:s

I personally like riding my RK without the fairing on, i like to see more of the road. But when i am cruising down the interstate with the semi's, i like having the fairing on. To me it does feel different having the fairing on, Bulkier i guess.
But, that is why i have the RK with the detachable fairing, i got the best of both worlds :D

I went from a Road King to a 2010 FLHTK (Limited), never looked back and I love it. It's really what you want out of the bike, if your crusing for miles then you may want the fairing with the tunes, and extra wind protection. I always rode with my clear windshield on my bike and it's not as protective as a full fairing.

As far as seeing the road, you should be looking three to five cars lenghts ahead of you anyway, between perception and reaction time at best you are 1.5 seconds away from doing anything. You travel a ways in that time. Remember where your eyes go so does the bike, look down and that's where your going......

I went from a 2008 Road King to a 2011 Street Glide and love it! I too almost didn't take a test drive, but I did and that sealed the deal. I found the SG to me very comfortable and the drivetrain much tighter. Getting comfortable with the fairing comes quickly, trust me it's a sweet ride. I agree with the comments of Dr. Dolittle.

Sam

I agree with sprinklerfitter with the detachable fairing. I like the fact that I can change out fairings in a matter of minutes. Batwing with tunes, stock windshield, or constant wind in your face.
PH

Back