free website stats program from road king to street glide?? | Harley Davidson Forums

from road king to street glide??

..just looking for opinions of guys who went from road kings to street glides....around here, test drives are "frowned upon" by most Harley dealers, and really looking for some "real world" feedback. Never owned/rode a "fairing" bike so I'm curious....(and the new Street Glides caught my eye:)

Then I guess you buying from that dealer is "frowned upon". Go for a test ride. Ask the dealer when the demo day will be, but if he'd like to sell the bike, let's do the paperwork for my test ride.

Once you tried you may never look back. It takes a bit to get used to the additional weight on the bars but not a big deal. Try a Glide out at demo days at local dealer. I knew of a guy that rode Glides and went to a King for a change of pace. Neither ride is a bad one.... Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder......:)

I own the Road king CVO with the detachable clear type med tint fairing. I ordered this faring a little taller than the stock for the wind benefits but doesn’t take away from the nice chrome look of the front end of this bike. I also like the fact that I can always see the ground right in front of me, sand, pot holes, debris on less that perfect roads ect.. We on the kings can also mount the detachable type solid fairings for the long haul trips but I never seem to want to give up the wow factor for the extra wind protection. Best of both worlds. Just my opinion. :s

When I was shopping for a new bike 3 years ago, after many rentals and demo rides, my final 2 choices were the Road King and Street Glide. Here's why I went with the Street Glide:

1. Tunes!
2. Fairing provides slightly better protection to the arms and hands
3. More gauges to feed you info and in a better location - I didn't like having to look down onto the gas tank to see my speed

The reason I almost went with the Road King is the ability to lose the windshield and do local cruising with a beautiful, classic looking bike.

Tough call.

Once you tried you may never look back. It takes a bit to get used to the additional weight on the bars but not a big deal. Try a Glide out at demo days at local dealer. I knew of a guy that rode Glides and went to a King for a change of pace. Neither ride is a bad one.... Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder......:)

I agree, test rode every bike harley had but the ultra classic caught my eye. Now i'm in love. My ride 2011 vivid black Ultra

I went with The RK and got a detachable fairing with radio, so I can have the best of both worlds for whenever I want
WAP.gif

I've ridden my brothers '07 street glide several times and my Road King Classic rides a little smoother and is very versatile. The only way to know is to ride and follow your heart 'cause chances are you'll have it for a long time.

Went from an '05 Road King Custom to a '11 Street Glide just a couple months ago. No regrets at all... :D Don't see how you could go wrong either way...

Find a dealer that offers test rides, you would not buy a car with out a test drive. I had a 92 FLHS the fore runner of the Road King, and a 97 FLHT with the Batwing, night and day difference IMO:s

Back