free website stats program From Florida to NY | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

From Florida to NY

I suggest taking rt13 right from NC and go through VA, MD and DE via rt 13. The Chesapeake tunnel bridge alone worth the trip. It is a gorgeous ride and a lot more calm than 95 north. Not much longer either.

I suggest taking rt13 right from NC and go through VA, MD and DE via rt 13. The Chesapeake tunnel bridge alone worth the trip. It is a gorgeous ride and a lot more calm than 95 north. Not much longer either.

Traffic, Malls and traffic lights, also crossing traffic to the Delaware Memorial bridge.

Not to mention summer beach vacationers traffic.

Then you've got Philly or the NJ turnpike or 1&9.

And you are way east of Syracuse.

95, 64, 81,
It's a long ride, make it easy.

Al

:USA

:CONNECTICUT

What do they say about the only thing that is consistent is CHANGE!! Well... plans have changed. The solo trip to NY on the bike is now going to be a trailering affair. My original plans were to ride up, rent a truck and bring the bike and my dad's (who recently died) 48x48 table saw, radial arm saw, drill press and more back to Florida. Then I learn of the outrageous truck rental prices - $900 - $1100 one way. OUCH!! So I've bought a trailer and will trailer the bike up, enjoy it there and bring all back.

I wish to thank every one who were so kind as to take time and give me advice. Even though I'll be in a cage, much of the advice will be usable still. And I will indeed get to Dinosaur's BBQ while in Syracuse and hope to take in a long ride into the wine country too.

Thanks again - ride safe - hjt

Back