free website stats program Freedom Shields | Harley Davidson Forums

Freedom Shields

Bigdog78

I'm looking at a 7" Freedom Shields windshield for my SG. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.....Bigdog

I got them and I LOVE them. You can shut down air flow when it's cold or raining, or adjust them to get a blast of air on your torso in hot weather. They stay in any position. American made.

OOPs, I just reread your post, you asked about their windshield, I didn't know they made one. I was explaining the fairing wind deflectors.

hmmm.....not a popular windshield apparently. Not sure why. I recieved a 7" dark grey tinted shield today. The best $90 I've spent on the bike. Very good quality, the "air-curve" feature works perfectly. It allows you to use a shorter shield, keeping the SG "look", but performing like a taller one, with no more shaking glasses! Strangely, it also seems to give the bike a more stable feel at high speeds.

Hi Bigdog - do you mind me asking how tall you are. I'm 5'11 and need to do something but living in NZ, I need to try and get it right. I've tried a Klockwerks 3.5" and found that did nothing (in fact was slightly worse) so I know I need go taller. I like the look of these but getting the height right is really important to me. I ride with a full face helmet and find that I cannot open my visor at highway speeds because of the turbulance. Appreciate any inputs.....

hmmm.....not a popular windshield apparently. Not sure why. I recieved a 7" dark grey tinted shield today. The best $90 I've spent on the bike. Very good quality, the "air-curve" feature works perfectly. It allows you to use a shorter shield, keeping the SG "look", but performing like a taller one, with no more shaking glasses! Strangely, it also seems to give the bike a more stable feel at high speeds.
I have the 8" Dark Gray from feedom and love it. Very high quality and looks and functions great. I'm 6'1" and you stops the buffeting! they have very fast shipping and a no hassle return policy too.

Does anyone have a photo of the 7 or 8 inch Freedom Shield on their bike?

I went with another brand, 6 inch, and I love the look. But, not liking the buffeting I'm getting now... rattles my glasses! It's tolerable if I've got my goggles on, but I don't wear them all the time.

Thanks!

Here is what the shield looks like on my bike... also got the fairing side wings...

Attachments

• hdshield1.jpg
    hdshield1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 158
  • hdshield3.jpg
    hdshield3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 135
I am about 6 feet tall. I also have the fork baffle and fairing deflectors. Here are a couple pics of the 7" on my bike.....Bigdog

Attachments

• My Bike.jpg
    My Bike.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 132
  • My Bike 2.jpg
    My Bike 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 123
Thanks Bigdog! Looks good.

I'm a little more 'vertically challenged' at 5' 9", so I thought the 6 inch would be perfect for me. I rented a 2009 Streetglide on vacation in Arizona a while back, but I don't recall having the buffeting I'm getting with the setup I just put on my Eglide. Maybe the big grin I had while riding the Streetglide countered the buffeting?!? :D

Back