free website stats program Freedom Shields | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Freedom Shields

Well, shipping is half the cost of the shield itself....but' i've just ordered one anyway......will post my thoughts when it gets here. I don't have a fork baffle or deflectors at this point but can get these locally if needed.!

Good deal NZP...this is one aspect I really like here at HDT...the discovery of new products and sharing of ideas. I for one never heard of Freedom Shields, but to see fellow riders enjoying this product is food for thought for those who are looking for a windscreen for the ride. Please post how you like it after 100 miles under different riding conditions.

Good deal NZP...this is one aspect I really like here at HDT...the discovery of new products and sharing of ideas. I for one never heard of Freedom Shields, but to see fellow riders enjoying this product is food for thought for those who are looking for a windscreen for the ride. Please post how you like it after 100 miles under different riding conditions.

So the new shield arrived and I have to say the service was excellent - 7 days from date of order from Colorado to New Zealand. And well packed for the trip! Landed in NZ for just under NZ$200 which is great value - a Klockwerks screen retails here for over NZ$400.

I've fitted it to the bike but have only had a chance to do about 12 miles and haven't been over 50mph. All good so far, considerably less buffeting but hoping for some decent weather real soon to test it properly!

I've now managed to put a couple of decent rides under my belt and I have to honest and say my results are mixed.

Riding the bike with my HD half helmet and normal sunnies is great, no shaking glasses and a big improvment over the stock shield. If it was warm enough year round and I rode solo all the time, my problem would be solved.

My issue is that I spent more time riding while wearing a Shoei XR1000 full face helmet as I have the comms set up in that helmet so my good lady and I can talk and listen to music while riding together. I certainly can't ride highway speeds with the helmet visor open which drives me nuts, I like the air in my face but the visor and/or chin guard still catch too much disturbed air.

I intend to fit the lower batwing deflectors and the fork baffle next as there is an improvment when i hold my arm across my chest. Hoping the combination provides me with the answers I'm looking for....

I had a set of Freedom Wings put on at Sturgis and the same dealer installed a Klockwerks 6.5 windshield and like the combo. Can tell the difference at take off.

Back