Votes: 155 65.1%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 39 16.4%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 40 16.8%

• Total voters
I use the HD brand ... If anyone has noticed a considerable difference, I'll certainly experiment. IMHO, fork oil is one of those features that is hard to judge ... kind of like spark plugs. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to it though !

Remember with fork oil that it isn't like engine oil in that all manufacturers do not have the same weight rating from one oil to another. 15 wt in one company may be 20 wt in another.

Has anyone used Maxima 20wt in their forks? I changed mine this weekend, what a chore!

Has anyone followed the service manual for fork oil change? I. E. Fork oil removed with syringe set at 5.24 inches or 133mm.

I really have a question maybe someone can help me with.:newsmile036:

What? It's an easy job:D

Easy Fork Oil Change On Baggers - Harley Davidson Community

You're not checking the self help forums, are you? :D

Yes, after checking the forum, I still decided to try the fork oil change according to the manual. I was just wondering if anyone has used the tool and procedure as listed in the HD manual.

If not, and someone is using the method listed in the self-help section; then I would like to see some pictures of that process in action. Just curious I guess.

Just changed out the fork oil in my 99 FLHTCI.
50/50 mix of SE and HD OEM.
Very pleased with the result. Firmer, but not stiff.

When I changed my front end to the chrome kit, I put the stock HD oil. Not sure if its SE HD oil, but that's what I voted.

Just changed out my fork oil to the Amsoil medium #10, It was easier to get than the HD oil!!!!!!????? Well all i can say is it is much smoother than the factory Type E oil that it came with, not to mention how nasty that stuff looked when i drained it. A bid thumbs up for Amsoil Fork oil.

Back