Votes: 39 16.4%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 40 16.8%

• Total voters

glider.

BOT Machine
Just one more here. What fork oil are you using.

Feel free to give your comments on it also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use nothing but Bel-Ray for 30+ years, Street bikes & Dirt bikes as well.
Change street bikes every 8-10,000 miles.

I am interested to find out what you (glider) suggest. I have just changed to mobil 1, formula + , golden spectro and I used the MM. I had formula + in all three holes. Going for a ride today and will give you my report. At 10,000 miles and the book says to change.

I am interested to find out what you (glider) suggest. I have just changed to mobil 1, formula + , golden spectro and I used the MM. I had formula + in all three holes. Going for a ride today and will give you my report. At 10,000 miles and the book says to change.

What's the MM?

I sure hope you didn't have the F+ in the engine.

I like the M1 V Twin in the engine

F+ in the primary and spectro platinum in the trans. (6 speed)

WOW! I never thought of that (MM):D

Best you are using a full synthetic now (M1) instead of the syn 3

Glider ? for ya........Why does the MOCO say for off road use only on the SE Racing Fork Oil.........Is it just another of their liability things.....I picked some up the other day to try,,have not changed it yet tho to see...

The heavy duty SE oil (20wt) is for off road use, the standard SE oil is 15 wt and can be used on the streets without a problem.

Had my indy changing my fork oil in the past, long story short, I am doing my own maintenance. They were using 20 wt in my 2007 FHLRC. Is that ok to continue to use?

I have no complaints about the performance that the 20 wt is giving me, so I don't want to mess up a good thing.

Do I need the Kent-Moore tool described in the service manual or is there a common method that can be used without the additional tool to extract the oil to an even amount in both tubes? Thanks in advance.

Depending on brand, the 20 wt is a bit stiff., fork oils aren't graded the same as the engine or trans oil from manufacturer to manufacturer. Normally 15 wt is as heavy as you want to go on the street. I ran 15 in my RK and the front end was noticeably stiffer than the 5 wt that comes stock.

As far as servicing the front end, here's how I do it.

Easy Fork Oil Change On Baggers - Harley Davidson Community

Back