free website stats program Fork Bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Fork Bags

late2Harley

For those of you that use a fork bag, either on the handle bars or windshield...What kind of stuff do you put in the bag? Does it vary from day to day vs long trip?
Vic
'10 Road King

Had one on my former Sporty & carried things for the trip (i.e. cell phone, wallet, registration/insurance card, glasses, etc.). Nice having a bagger now so I can also take the kitchen sink...;-)

Insurance card registration multi tool zip ties electrical tape, and bandana:p

Windshield bag, extra sunglasses, small flashlight...; Fork bag, small tools plenty of space left...Rear sissy bag (tool roll inside , my roadside emergency kit)). My saddlebags have collapsable nylon bags to facilitate filling the empty bags.

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
On my Street Bob, I use a tank bag instead of a fork bag. Carry all of the same stuff already listed, but it is within easy reach. Especially good for the camera.

On my Street Bob, I use a tank bag instead of a fork bag. Carry all of the same stuff already listed, but it is within easy reach. Especially good for the camera.

Jake, what brand of tank bag is that?

Tank bag is a VERY nice option...always had them on my ol' metric sportbikes to rest my chest on them...! Have not found one I like to put on the Sportster, as it does not have instrumentation or console access to obstruct. They may be held on by magnets, straps and protective pad to prevent scratching or scuff damage. Eclipse, Marsee, Chase Harper make them to name a few. They also make them modular and "stackable" and modular (for different heights, convenience and capacity). Most are Cordura/Nylon and water resistant. :D

Back