Fork Bags

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by late2Harley, Oct 2, 2010.

1. late2Harley

late2Harley Member

For those of you that use a fork bag, either on the handle bars or windshield...What kind of stuff do you put in the bag? Does it vary from day to day vs long trip?
    Vic
    '10 Road King

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Had one on my former Sporty & carried things for the trip (i.e. cell phone, wallet, registration/insurance card, glasses, etc.). Nice having a bagger now so I can also take the kitchen sink...;-)

3. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I have one on my bike. I keep tire gauge, sunscreen, cell phone, and my disc lock.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Insurance card registration multi tool zip ties electrical tape, and bandana:p

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Windshield bag, extra sunglasses, small flashlight...; Fork bag, small tools plenty of space left...Rear sissy bag (tool roll inside , my roadside emergency kit)). My saddlebags have collapsable nylon bags to facilitate filling the empty bags.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  6. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

On my Street Bob, I use a tank bag instead of a fork bag. Carry all of the same stuff already listed, but it is within easy reach. Especially good for the camera.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Jake, what brand of tank bag is that?

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Tank bag is a VERY nice option...always had them on my ol' metric sportbikes to rest my chest on them...! Have not found one I like to put on the Sportster, as it does not have instrumentation or console access to obstruct. They may be held on by magnets, straps and protective pad to prevent scratching or scuff damage. Eclipse, Marsee, Chase Harper make them to name a few. They also make them modular and "stackable" and modular (for different heights, convenience and capacity). Most are Cordura/Nylon and water resistant. :D

9. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Jack,

It is a Marsee 4 liter stash bag. Has a tunnel through the center to clear the console. Will not fit on the touring bikes due to the size of the console on them, but works great on the dynas.

http://cdn.racerpartswholesale.com/downloads/09MotorcyclePage7.pdf

The price has gone up since I bought mine, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper if you hunt around some.

10. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

Windshield bag: glasses (day and night), gloves, wallet on long runs.