free website stats program First MC Road Trip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First MC Road Trip

Jim and Amanda, congratulations on a great ride, the better half and I leave in approx 47.5 hours headed up into that area and hope to have the ride of a lifetime.

Here's a pic of Amanda and me conquering the Dragon's Tail!

Attachments

• DT1.jpg
    DT1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for all the kind words, folks! We are still wishing that we were still up there riding, even three days later. :bigsmiley15:

Glad to hear you had a great ride. Getting away sure feels good doesn't it?

It really does!! It's SO nice to just ride where the roads take ya without having to get anywhere in a hurry. :57:

Nice bikes! I'd sure like to make that trip one day.. Maybe it's time to plan that vacation to the states...

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Yes, come on "across the pond". We have more beautiful roads here than we could ever ride in a lifetime (at least while holding down a job :newsmile100:).

Would you ship your bike over with you or rent once you get here? :bigsmiley23:

Hey Amanda!

I'll show my ignorance here - I either didn't know or had totally forgotten that you were an independent member here also!

Jim already tortured me with a photo message of your trip while I was WORKING! Glad you had such a good time. That's an awesome area to ride. Your Sporty's looking lean and mean without the saddlebags - nice being able to throw everything on board the Ultra, isn't it? Does Jim turn the tunes up loud enough for you to hear?

Hi Doc! :) Yes, I'm here! Sorry about the torture, but it sure was a fun ride. It was nice not to be the pack mule of the trip this time. Those hard bags really are convenient. I can hear the radio as long as I can keep up! :bigsmiley8:

Hi Doc! :) Yes, I'm here! Sorry about the torture, but it sure was a fun ride. It was nice not to be the pack mule of the trip this time. Those hard bags really are convenient. I can hear the radio as long as I can keep up! :bigsmiley8:

Looked like you were keeping up just fine on the Dragon! Maybe it was that big, black, Ford Expedition right on your tail in the photo! :s

Looked like you were keeping up just fine on the Dragon! Maybe it was that big, black, Ford Expedition right on your tail in the photo! :s

Thanks! :) Or maybe it was that super slow car in front of us that kept weaving in and out of the lane :D I think he really slowed us down, but that's probably a good thing!!!

Did you bring along a personal photographer for that pic? :sOr are you dogged by the papparrazi (I probably misspelled that)?:D

There are actually a few photographers along the Dragon's Tail taking pictures. Their websites are published on signs and banners next to them.

Back