free website stats program First MC Road Trip | Harley Davidson Forums

First MC Road Trip

AJPanda

Hi All!

I'm excited to report that my husband, JDPEagle, and I took the "the ole Harleys on a three day cruise" :D (him on his 2010 Ultra Limited and me on my 2003 883 Sportster).

We rode about 630 miles overall and saw some beautiful country in Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina, including the Cherohala Skyway, the Great Smokey Mountain National Park, part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests.

Also, I took my first ride through the Tail of the Dragon!

It was great ride, though we did get rained on both Saturday and Sunday. We saw lots of other riders and met some new people along the way.

Jim put together a great outline of our path if you want to check it out:Motorcycle Trip 2010 - Google Maps

I definitely recommend the area for anyone interested in riding through it and we are already trying to plan when we can make another trip!

We took some pictures of the bikes along the way, so I'm trying to include them with this post (hope it works!)

Attachments

• photo 1 (Medium).jpg
    photo 1 (Medium).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 3 (Medium).JPG
    photo 3 (Medium).JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 4 (Medium).jpg
    photo 4 (Medium).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 78
  • photo 5 (Medium).JPG
    photo 5 (Medium).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 80
great looking bikes! gald to hear you had a great ride even with the rain. I plan on hitting the BRP in the early fall...

Sounds like a great trip threw beautiful country. Folks from here went down there a couple of years ago and said they could spend a month riding in that area.

Hi All!

I'm excited to report that my husband, JDPEagle, and I took the "the ole Harleys on a three day cruise" :D (him on his 2010 Ultra Limited and me on my 2003 883 Sportster).

We rode about 630 miles overall and saw some beautiful country in Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina, including the Cherohala Skyway, the Great Smokey Mountain National Park, part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests.

Also, I took my first ride through the Tail of the Dragon!

It was great ride, though we did get rained on both Saturday and Sunday. We saw lots of other riders and met some new people along the way.

Jim put together a great outline of our path if you want to check it out:Motorcycle Trip 2010 - Google Maps

I definitely recommend the area for anyone interested in riding through it and we are already trying to plan when we can make another trip!

We took some pictures of the bikes along the way, so I'm trying to include them with this post (hope it works!)
Happy to hear you both had a great time. I hope my wife and I can make that trip some day soon.
PS: Great looking bikes you have there.
Bill

Last edited:
Nice bikes! I'd sure like to make that trip one day.. Maybe it's time to plan that vacation to the states...

Welcome to the forum!

Road trips are awesome. Glad yours was a good one. Me and my wife just got back from a 4 week, 15 state, 7600 mile Epic journey. What a beautiful country we live in. And the people we met along the way were amazingly nice and courious about our trip. We met people from the US, Canada and England touring all over the West. Get out and Ride:>)=

Hey Amanda!

I'll show my ignorance here - I either didn't know or had totally forgotten that you were an independent member here also!

Jim already tortured me with a photo message of your trip while I was WORKING! Glad you had such a good time. That's an awesome area to ride. Your Sporty's looking lean and mean without the saddlebags - nice being able to throw everything on board the Ultra, isn't it? Does Jim turn the tunes up loud enough for you to hear?

Back