free website stats program Firing problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Firing problem

Good advice, moved the front plug wire to the back, and I get fire. Anxious to get a hold of a new set of plugs, and give them a try. Am hopeful

Good advice, moved the front plug wire to the back, and I get fire. Anxious to get a hold of a new set of plugs, and give them a try. Am hopeful

Thanks, it's all fresh in my mind, I recently helped a friend with a Dyno. It was firing only on one cylinder. PC ended up being the problem, but I did alot of checking and ohm ing first. I know now eliminate the PC right away.

Stock ignition as far as I know. I took the plug wire off, and hooked it up to the ohm meter again. This time, I moved the wire around a little while holding contact at the ends. I got a couple of different readings while moving the wire around. Makes me think there is something wrong with the plug wire, in the continuity. Tough to say though, couldn't get it to react consistently. I can't get a hold of some new plug wires until Wednesday...I'll take any suggestions until then!!

Well it is Wednesday so I assume you have the new wires now. Are you sure the plugs are the right ones for your engine? Might be worth looking up in the parts manual to see what is recommended; I have seen people just use a plug that fits instead of what is right for the particular engine.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE....talked to my mechanic today, and something happened with the order....now I have to wait til next week...

Back