free website stats program Exhaust system install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust system install

Okay - here's what I did. Went to the Harley Dealer today with my wife. Didn't really plan on buying the bike today but.....oh well....

Ended up buying her a Denim Black Fat Boy Lo, with V&H Big Shots, SE Air Cleaner and SE Pro Super Tuner. Worked it into the deal with them installing everything. Pick up the bike next week. Boy is the wife happy.

Of course, now I have a dilemma....I still have her 2005 1200 Custom in the garage. Bike only has 7500 miles, V&H Straight Shots, Stage One, rejetted. What is a man to do.

My wife's selling point on the Fat Boy Lo was that I could switch off between it and my Road King :s

Okay - here's what I did. Went to the Harley Dealer today with my wife. Didn't really plan on buying the bike today but.....oh well....

Ended up buying her a Denim Black Fat Boy Lo, with V&H Big Shots, SE Air Cleaner and SE Pro Super Tuner. Worked it into the deal with them installing everything. Pick up the bike next week. Boy is the wife happy.

Of course, now I have a dilemma....I still have her 2005 1200 Custom in the garage. Bike only has 7500 miles, V&H Straight Shots, Stage One, rejetted. What is a man to do.

My wife's selling point on the Fat Boy Lo was that I could switch off between it and my Road King :s

Just got the same exact bike and want to add the same parts for the most part.. was thinking of the v&h slips ons to save a little money and the V02 intake and FuelPak.. how much does the SE Super Tuner run?

Just got the same exact bike and want to add the same parts for the most part.. was thinking of the v&h slips ons to save a little money and the V02 intake and FuelPak.. how much does the SE Super Tuner run?

SE Super Tuner part #32109-08A
At House of Harley
Harley Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Complete 32109-08A
it's $499.32
---------
Zanottis only appears to sell the software, came up empty on the tuner.
---------
I believe you can get the TTS for a about $30 or so cheaper.
---------
There is another tuner solution (I forgot what is was) that is sold at a discount through this forum. If you ask around or search you can find it.

whoooo.. seems pretty steep.... do you think it's that much better than the FuelPak or the PCV?

Last I heard the FuelPak was an open loop solution. I did hear that the latest version of the PCV has a closed loop solution, but I am not familar with the specifics. Some folks like the PC, it is a good product from what I've heard, but they do sometimes break or blow a fuse in the piggy back etc.

These are all things to consider along with the price and what you want out of it. I'm still saving for my TTS Mastertune so I have no experience other than what I've read. The TTS is a tuner (like the SE) that can flash over your bike's ECM with new maps. So you are actually running the ECM (not a piggyback). The TTS allows you to adjust timing and both (+ -) fuel. I think mabye the new SE tuner can do that too, not sure. If all you want out of the FuelPak is to eliminate any risk of too lean due to pipes and/or AC then it may very well be all you need. I have just heard that is falls way short comparatively. Keep in mind the TTS (and I think the SE tuner also) will require a PC (unless you let the seller do all you uploads for you). The TFI option offered at a discount thru this forum (See glider's post above ) does not require a PC (nor does the FuelPak that I know of) Maybe someone with more in depth knowledge will answer your questions better.

Just in case you did not know, a closed loop system utitilizes (and reacts to) the data collected in real time from the Oxygen Sensors (in the header pipes). A closed loop system does not and the O2 sensers are disconnected (like the PCIII I have seen on friend's bikes).

Here's a pic of the wife's new bike. The V&H Bigshots sound great. You can bet she is happy. We're only in the breakin phase but the bike runs great. I test drove a stock FatBoy LO and there is considerable difference with the new exhaust, stage 1 and SE Pro Super Tuner.

Attachments

• fatboy lo small.jpg
    fatboy lo small.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 10
Here's a pic of the wife's new bike. The V&H Bigshots sound great. You can bet she is happy. We're only in the breakin phase but the bike runs great. I test drove a stock FatBoy LO and there is considerable difference with the new exhaust, stage 1 and SE Pro Super Tuner.

Yea boy, they look great. I have the same pipes, they say they don't give you the low end torque of a 2 into 1 but they do look and sound great.

Mine don't have any quiet baffles, just the spirals inside along the inside walls. As long as I keep the rpms sensible they really aren't loud enough to cause any Cops to notice me. I don't go gettun down on the throttle round town though.

Back