free website stats program Exhaust recomendations.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust recomendations....

i like'um loud im in cali and give a rip about there stinkin dbs straight pipes YAAAAA
but u have cats so it wont get that loud anyway

I just ordered the D&D Fat Cats,,
WAP.gif

If you are somewhere you can get away with it, a very cost effective way to go is remove the catalytic converter from the head pipe and just run the stock HD mufflers. It will sound very nice, but not too loud and it will also still have the full baffles for any police officers that would like to stick something in your mufflers to check them for a baffle... There is one local that does it. If you are somewhere they do emissions testing then removing the cats is out of the question. I ran my 2012 trike with the stock mufflers and cat removed and it sounds great. If you do a stage 1 with a free flow air cleaner, you will need to add some extra fuel through a fuel tuner of some type. I also have a new 14 Limited now and am running my old Vance and Hines Propipe on it that I had on my 2010 limited. I put the screamin eagle air cleaner on it with a Fuel Moto Micro tuner and it runs really, really nice. The 2 into 1 is probably too loud for what you want though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I ended up putting the Full Boar slip on's with the 2" baffles on my 2014 Ultra. Nice low rumble and really wake up when you get into the RPM's. I also de-catted my bike as well with a stock head pipe that had been gutted. I think the Full Boar mufflers sound like the Rush and/or FuelMoto Jackpots but without the price tag that comes along with them. You can usually find them on ebay for under $200 shipped.

Wazzle, google it. There are a couple videos or instructions. Best way is to cut a window and remove cat then reweld. Some just drill it out but you don't gain much. Lots less heat and the motor winds up way faster. Great, cheap mod.

If you're staying with the stock headpipe I'd suggest Rush's 4" Big Louie w/ the 3" baffle, running these on my 14 Road King, nice low growl.
But like others have said try to listen in person to what you're considering.

If you're staying with the stock headpipe I'd suggest Rush's 4" Big Louie w/ the 3" baffle, running these on my 14 Road King, nice low growl.
But like others have said try to listen in person to what you're considering.

I just took my Big Louie's w/4'' Slip on's off my Limit!!
WAP.gif

Rip don't know if you've chose a set up as of yet but here's my thoughts. I have V&H's Power Duals with RC Components, now these have a deep rumble but may be a little loud for your liking but the Monster Ovals would be the perfect choice for you. Another pipe combo is the new Rinehart Slim line with his 4" mufflers. All these pipes will make awesome hp. and tq. as well.

Back