free website stats program Excessive Fairing vibration... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Excessive Fairing vibration...

Dav, this is exactly what I did, minus the professional look. I just hammered it into a 90* angle and drilled two holes. Yours does look good though!

Definitely one of the design flaws HD could've put more thought into. Every time I run over rough hwy (i.e. RR tracks, pothole, etc.) there's always the thought of snapping brackets & makes me want to pull batwing to check. I do take outer shell off annually & probably need to fix it permanently...like Mavagrand & DavHJ.

'08 SG. Have noticed some excessive vibration in my mirrors around 1800-2200 Rpm's and this thread got me thinking. Pulled the front fairing off today and found the right hand lower inner support Part # 58939-96C broken.(this is the silver brace that is horizontal from the main brace to outer speaker) The dealer had it in stock and replaced it myself. Never would of attempted or known how to do this 3 years ago if it wasn't for HD Talking and all we've learned from this site. Thank you and will continue to keep an eye on the main braces.

'08 SG. Have noticed some excessive vibration in my mirrors around 1800-2200 Rpm's and this thread got me thinking. Pulled the front fairing off today and found the right hand lower inner support Part # 58939-96C broken.(this is the silver brace that is horizontal from the main brace to outer speaker) The dealer had it in stock and replaced it myself. Never would of attempted or known how to do this 3 years ago if it wasn't for HD Talking and all we've learned from this site. Thank you and will continue to keep an eye on the main braces.

Criag, I checked those brackets too. Mine are good but I think they look awful thin, doesn't surprise me they're breaking as well.

add me to the list.. took it in for the 25000 check before a new trip and had them look at it. 3 of 4 broken brackets all covered with a $50 deductable

Back