free website stats program Excess Rear Sprocket Wear ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Excess Rear Sprocket Wear ?

Good to hear they are giving you some customer satisfaction, BTW how is the drive belt and teeth? Keep us informed how things turn out.

The bearing in the rear sprocket on my 08 Road Glide disintegrated at 20,000 miles. The local dealer said it was covered under warranty, which is good since I

The bearing in the rear sprocket on my 08 Road Glide disintegrated at 20,000 miles. The local dealer said it was covered under warranty, which is good since I

The rear bearing went out on my RG around 16,000 mi , it was covered under warranty also but I wonder if the bearing was replaced with the same junk stock bearing or if HD put in a upgraded bearing .

The dealer told me that they had a very hard time getting the race out of the sprocket, which leads me to believe that they probably damaged the sprocket trying to get it apart. I'm sure there will be more issues when my warranty expires in two months.

Ive heard the sprockets are not covered as considered a wear item as well as belt. That is for the sprocket teeth though.

Back