free website stats program Ethanol ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ethanol ?

All the reviews on the web are great, but to get it from a rider here on the forum means more to me. It's on my list to pick up the next time in town. Thanks again

Bill, google and read up on Duralt additive for your fuel. I've been adding it to mine and it seems to help. It was a recommended fuel additive by harley for years.

Harley did testing with Duralt back in the late 80s, I started using it then, never looked back. Harley does not sell it any more but you can get it on the web:s

Last edited:
Question for Jeff on the use of Duralt.

The 2 ounce bottle (+/- 60ml) will treat 80 gallons of gasoline. So each fill-up, which would be say 4 gallons, would require about 3ml of Duralt. Is the bottle marked so one can actually dispense the additive in 3ml increments? Can one over treat with ill effect? Just curious.:s

Question for Jeff on the use of Duralt.

The 2 ounce bottle (+/- 60ml) will treat 80 gallons of gasoline. So each fill-up, which would be say 4 gallons, would require about 3ml of Duralt. Is the bottle marked so one can actually dispense the additive in 3ml increments? Can one over treat with ill effect? Just curious.:s
Yes it is, the bottle is like that of sta-bil. The directions state 1/4 oz treats 10 gal. of gas. Reading the Q&A they state that adding more then recommended will not hurt anything you'll just be wasting the product.

Last edited:
Yes it is, the bottle is like that of sta-bil. The directions state 1/4 oz treats 10 gal. of gas. Reading the Q&A they state that adding more then recommended will not hurt anything you'll just be wasting the product.

Thanks for the reply.

thumbnail.asp

This is how the bottle looked when first marketed by HD, I carried it in a zip lock baggie in my saddle bag, in about 1990 they switched to 4 oz squeeze bottles

I would urge anyone interested in this product go to Fuelsavers web page and read about Duralt. Very interesting read, it appears this 1 product covers all the needs you'll need to keep your engine running at peek performance. http://www.FuelsaversInc.com

thumbnail.asp

This is how the bottle looked when first marketed by HD, I carried it in a zip lock baggie in my saddle bag, in about 1990 they switched to 4 oz squeeze bottles
I made a mistake, I have 1 squeeze bottle left it is 2 oz, HD does not carry it any more too bad it is a very good product

Back