free website stats program ethanol free | Harley Davidson Forums

ethanol free

You can google up some maps for 100% real gas. I only have one near me, but I make it a point to buy from them when possible. I'm not sure how much your mileage will improve, probably on slightly, but I've noticed I can run mid-grade gas vs. premium ethanol.

At my home area station corn fuel is only in bronze and silver blends. All premium fuels are corn free.

I wonder if that holds true everywhere... I've often wondered what additional additives are in Premium Ethanol to raise its octane. Maybe it's pure gas across the board?

Here in central Wisconsin if you can find a Quick Trip they will generally have premium ( 91 octane ) without any ethanol in it. Lots of the Shell stations with their " V-power " will have 93 octane without ethanol but they are VERY proud of it. Several independent stations have ethanol free regular and premium grades, just have to get to know the stations then remember where they are, at this stage of the game that is getting to be the problem.

central Wisconsin if you can find a Quick Trip

I'm in Madison, and that is the same chain that I buy premium from. It's the reason I patronize that station because the premium is corn-free, and it states that on the pump.

(BTW, what city are you in?)

I feel the same way, always go to a quick trip if possible. The only problem is there are only two around ,Mequon and Plymouth both about twenty miles away. Makes for a nice quick ride though.What is best is that they guarantee there gas. If it is a provable cause of engine problems they will pay to have it repaired.

Here's an update as the other link states. Pure-gas.org. maps out your area and I find a lot of places have Premium only. 91 or Higher, this is what my harley runs and it runs a lot better than 10% and the mileage increase offsets the .15 more a gallon. they have an android and apple app for them too

The ethanol free gas in my area is regular (87) octane. And priced VERY high; almost a dollar higher than E10 regular!

The guy earlier who said: " All premium fuels are corn free." is not correct. If the pump doesn't say it you can assume all octanes are E10. Ethanol by itself is very high octane and so helps any of the blends meet their numbers.

Back