free website stats program Engine won't run with new top end rebuild | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine won't run with new top end rebuild

Clint Boka

I have installed new cams .630 lift , new 5.3 injectors, new plug wires, and had heads drilled for new acr's engine will turn over but it's not starting it's wanting to run but isn't front cylinder is wanting to fire but isn't has anyone had the problem before !!
Thanks Boka

I know it will be a lot of work but recheck your mechanical timing of the cams and cams to crank shaft.. Also if you have a spark tester test for spark first. You won't see any spark with plugs out of heads.
tourbox

I know it will be a lot of work but recheck your mechanical timing of the cams and cams to crank shaft.. Also if you have a spark tester test for spark first. You won't see any spark with plugs out of heads.
tourbox
We have checked the cams and crank timing I was told that maybe the webbing on the top rocker box maybe hitting the rockers and causing this issue maybe not letting the rocker fully open ? Thank you Sir

We have checked the cams and crank timing I was told that maybe the webbing on the top rocker box maybe hitting the rockers and causing this issue maybe not letting the rocker fully open ? Thank you Sir

This could be the problem but easy to check. Try starting with both rocker covers off. If she fires up, problem solved; just clearance the rocker boxes in the corners where the valve springs are. If there is contact, there should be witness marks. You could also try disabling the ACRs, if something is wrong with wiring, the ECM is not getting the start signal. I assume that the cams are not EZ start? Check compression and report back. If plug wires are wrong, motor will spin and back fire but will not start.

Here's another thought. If the right valve springs were not used, the valve stem collar could be hitting the guide seal which could damage the top of the guide and cause a valve to stick. Check compression.;)

Back