free website stats program Engine light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light

Have you checked the rate of charge that it isn't overcharging?

Is this what a piggyback unit looks like Hoop?
PIG.jpg

Do you have some kind of fueler or piggy back enricher on your bike or is it bone stock.

Not stock but not piggy back either. I had a TTS installed when I had the cams changed out.

Ran awesome right up till I parked it for the winter. I am not getting the two other codes any more just the P0108 now.

PN - AF 176002- is a part number, disregard.

Check your battery terminals to be sure they are tight.QUOTE]

Did that this morning, were already really snug. Cleared code but it came back after firing it up.

Sometimes just wiggling the battery cables is not enough. I have had them seem pretty tight and still found corrosion under them. I have also found some corrosion in a couple of the connectors. Cleaned and reassembled with dieelectric grease, everything was good to go. Just a thought.

OK,

I took off the air cleaner and cleaned up the intake "tube". There was some "gunk" in it. While I had it off I also noticed my one vacumn hose for the air cleaner (pro hyper charger) is dry rotted and has several cracks, some are severe. While I know I need to fix this can I assume that leaks in this hose could be causing my error with the map sensor?

Pretty much anything that would change the vacuum in the intake manifold would have an effect on the MAP sensor.

Back