Engine light

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Roklock, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Roklock

Roklock Member

Hello,

Had the bike out this past Saturday for the first time since parking for the winter. The egnine light came on, when I got back I pulled these codes.

P0108 - Map Sensor High
    P0132 - Front Oxygen Sensor High
    P0152 - Rear Oxygen Sensor High

PN - AF 176002-

Could these codes been caused by water in the gas? Maybe mixed too much stabilizer in the gas? The engine did spit and sputter at times, mainly during slow speed operation.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

PN - AF 176002- is a part number, disregard.

Check your battery terminals to be sure they are tight.

Not likely it's the fuel.

3. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Agree with Bro Glider here ---- make sure they are CLEAN on both ends and TIGHT. Check out the fuses also.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

09-08-07 DTC Codes - Harley Davidson Community have you read this yet may shed some light I hope

5. Roklock

Roklock Member

Yesterday I cleared the codes and took it for a ride again, of course the light came back on when I got back from the ride the only code I got was

P0108 - Map Sensor High
    PN - AF 176002-

Today I ciphened out all but a gallon of gas, went and put fresh gas and also added some stuff to remove moisture from the gas. Took it for a ride again it is definitely running smoother than before and it is taking "longer" for the engine light to come on but it still does come on.

While the part number isn't referencing the map sensor should I replace the map sensor or is this something you would just take to a dealer?

Thanks,

Steve

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Check out the intake track to see if there is any gunk built up in there from the oil vapors and don't go adding things to the fuel until you find the source of the problem. Fresh fuel if anything but shy away from the additives till the problem is found.

You can change the map sensor if it is needed but give it some time first.

7. Roklock

Roklock Member

Actually yes, but not the whole thread. This thread was how I figured out to find the codes and also see what each code meant

I will check that tomorrow, thanks

Wish I would have posted here first, my dealer told me to do that today so that is too late. Lesson learned.

What if any harm could come with me riding the bike with this error code?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
  8. glider

glider Veteran Member

If it's defective , it will run poorly. It may even clear out.

9. Roklock

Roklock Member

I don't understand what you mean by this?

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

That means if it is something that is causing the problem that isn't a defective part and possibly some gum or varnish from the fuel, it may clear itself out.