free website stats program Engine Idle | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Idle

R_W_B

Just recently I notice twiced on my last ride across town something that has never happened before. I was in slow traffic going along in 1st gear for awhile (probably a 1/3 of a mile) at about 2600rpms.

As I came to a stop my engine idle stayed higher than the normal lug lug. I rolled my thottle thinking it had stuck but it was at bottom out of rotation. But it kept idling fast. It did this on two different stops and then went away.

Any ideas what would cause this ?

Just recently I notice twiced on my last ride across town something that has never happened before. I was in slow traffic going along in 1st gear for awhile (probably a 1/3 of a mile) at about 2600rpms.

As I came to a stop my engine idle stayed higher than the normal lug lug. I rolled my thottle thinking it had stuck but it was at bottom out of rotation. But it kept idling fast. It did this on two different stops and then went away.

Any ideas what would cause this ?

Clean the IAC and check for an intake leak Idle Air Control - Harley Davidson Community

Don't know how true it is, but was told to use CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner part# 05110. I tried it and it worked pretty good.

And it says right on the Can, "PROVEN" to Gain 4-10 Horsepower at the Wheels!:)

Long time no see Jack :lolrolling

Glad to know you Jack, at least this way I can say 'I know Jack' :D

Just dont say HIJACK in an airport, Sorry RWB, could not resist, The Boss makes me do bad things :p

Back