free website stats program electrical problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical problem

and the bike cut out for a second and every thing came back to normal.

"Everything" as in the engine also. The engine cuts out for a second and comes back on? Or do you mean everything Electrical other than the engine cutting out. When riding at night, are you saying the headlight cuts out also.?

Answers for the above questions will narrow it down greatly.

I had the same problem with my 2001 UC fuel injected , i do realize they went to delfin electronics in 2002 but i changed my circut breaker as mentioned before and fixed my problem

I had the same problem with my 2001 UC fuel injected , i do realize they went to delfin electronics in 2002 but i changed my circut breaker as mentioned before and fixed my problem

Did you loose the entire bike (engine and all) or did you just loose instrument panel, headlight etc?
If your problem was the main breaker, I would think the whole shooting match (along with loosing time of day) went out the door when yours failed. (?)

On my ride, if I had a bad "main Breaker", I would also loose "time of day" on my speedo display.

Did you loose the entire bike (engine and all) or did you just loose instrument panel, headlight etc?
If your problem was the main breaker, I would think the whole shooting match (along with loosing time of day) went out the door when yours failed. (?)

On my ride, if I had a bad "main Breaker", I would also loose "time of day" on my speedo display.
I would lose everything at once , I mean everything , also at the same time I had a minimal charged battery and I charged it and replaced the cuircut breaker at the same time so I could be mistaken.. also the change from magneti Marelli to delfin might have something t do with it

I would lose everything at once , I mean everything ,

Yep, those self resetting main breakers can be a problem. Going to the Bussman Maxi-Fuse setup was a big improvement for HD. If I had those cube circuit breakers, I would upgrade them to the Maxi style for sure.

Thank you Steve07 I will check that after work. Maybe i should put a new breaker in this way i know its new. I will let you know if that was the problem. I have to leave for work i will check back later. Thank you for the help everyone have a good day Longhair

I would have no idea if the circuit breaker is the problem as I'm just an owner and not a tech at all!. That said, I have an 01 Ultra. Bought it used a little over 2 years ago. During one of my first few rides, Everything 'went out'. With help on this site and also some searching, I found that Harley had a recall on the circuit breaker. At the time, they would 'up' the breaker from a 40amp to a 50. I had it done...the following year, it quit again ( when it cooled, the breaker would work again). More searching and help from this site, I found out it's the Heat that causes the breaker to fail. It's right behind the rear cyl header, under the seat. I decided to relocate the entire breaker..Drilled out the breaker holder, mounted it on the inside of the Right cover ( more electronics in there). I spliced the wires to that location. No heat there at all.. I believe I solved the problem of heat attacking the breaker.

Back