free website stats program electrical problem | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical problem

smprfi

I have a 2005 night train and replaced the handlebars and when i did i didnt tighten the left side controls down correctly then i washed it and managed to short out the entire left side controls. the headlight, horn and left turnsignal are not working, i found as blown fusa and replaced it but still nothing works, any advice would be helpful.

Are you sure everything is dried out? Make sure you check ALL your fuses. The wires do not look burnt, right?

TQ

i did it 3 or 4 days ago and its been in the garage so im pretty sure its dry, i checked all the fuses. All the fuses in the box were good, the one that was blown was all by itself and looked to me as if it were in line with the wiring that runs from the controls, i thought for sure that replacing that fuse would fix it but it didnt. Wires look ok, i tested all the wires just in front of the controls and they arent getting power

Last edited by a moderator:
If the right turn signal woks it can't be a fuse because they both run thru the same power circuit, I think. I would take the left controls off and inspect the wires real good then trace from there back to find the disconect. And go back thru the fuse box real good. Do you know what the bad fuse went to? Do you have a manual showing the wiring?
Softail05fusebox.jpg

Back