ElectraGlide Oil Pressure Sensor on a Roadking?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by RibEye, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

I'm getting ready to do my cam chain tensioners ('03 RKC), going newer hydraulic. I feel that I really should have an oil pressure guage to monitor after such work (replace tensioners, cams, cam plate, inner bearings, and oil pump). I bought the HD oil pressure gauge, but there is no way I'm going to lean on that tiny little hard plastic tube that goes to the gauge. That's all I need is to have that tube get brittle in the sun and break, pumping oil all over creation on a long ride.

I notice in my Service manual that the Electra Glice has an electrical oil pressure sensor, that also provides the go/no-go signal tht the Road King sensor provides. Since it's the same engine, just a different sensor, is there any reason I can't retro-fit my Road King with an Electra Glide oil pressure sensor and gauge? Any body done it?

Enjoy,
    Rich P

2. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Does your RK come with the air temp gauge?

TQ

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

RK doesn't have a fairing TQ, I don't know where he will mount it
    Ken

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Right. I think dbmg has the best option for your application. The tube here is metal, so you shouldn't have to sweat worrying about a plastic tube decaying over time.

I've seen versions of these gauges on bikes, and they actually look pretty nice. Think I will put one on my EVO when I redo her.

TQ

6. RibEye

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Chrome Oil Pressure Trim Kit Twin Cam - Jerzee Customs Rich, you could use a set up like this and keep your stock sender and light on the dash working

8. RibEye

Thanks, Jack. I could live with something like that. It definitely has a more finished look, and has a more protected line. The sensor splitter looks much beefier than the one that comes with the HD one. Now what to do with the HD one I bought...

Enjoy,
    Rich P

9. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Why couldn't you get a braided line to replace the one you have?

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member