free website stats program EFI Tuning Modules | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Tuning Modules

Hi-Tek Rednek

I own a 2007 Heritage Softail and am considering having a EFI Tuning Module installed. I've been considering the following: V & H Fuelpak;Terry Terminal Velocity II;SERT(Screamin Eagle Race Tuner). Has anyone tried any of these? Is either one of them a better performer than the other? I'm supposed to take my bike in next week to have V&H Big Shots Staggered and a Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 kit put on , so I figured I'd go ahead and do the EFI Module at the same time and have it all tuned together.Any suggestions which way to go? Pro's and Con's? "THANKS" for your replies back. Ride safe, HI-Tek Rednek:42:

Hi Tek
I replied in the other thread but I'll copy and paste it here too so you don't miss it.

WOW, tough one. I would have to say the SERT as long as you have a good tuner that knows what they are doing. The fuel pac only adjusts fuel and if you change to a different exhaust, they don't have very good support for it, but the SERT does fuel, timing, cylinder trim , (between front and rear) and some other things like idle speed and rev limit.
I have heard of the terrry system but never had occasion to use it so I can't give you any input on it.
What it comes down to is how far are you going to take the motor in the future with mods. If you are just doing the stage 1 , pipes and a tuner, I would keep it simple and maybe go with the TFI like I did. Very easy set up and installation. The SERT is a great tool but a bit of overkill for most unless you are going with head work and cams etc. Some swear by it but I feel it is not needed. Between the stage 1 , pipes and a tuner no matter which way you go, it will only net you about 8-10 hp in the end but the bike will run much better.

Here's a link to the TFI if you are interested. It also costs much less than the others too .

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

I own a 2007 Heritage Softail and am considering having a EFI Tuning Module installed. I've been considering the following: V & H Fuelpak;Terry Terminal Velocity II;SERT(Screamin Eagle Race Tuner). Has anyone tried any of these? Is either one of them a better performer than the other? I'm supposed to take my bike in next week to have V&H Big Shots Staggered and a Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 kit put on , so I figured I'd go ahead and do the EFI Module at the same time and have it all tuned together.Any suggestions which way to go? Pro's and Con's? "THANKS" for your replies back. Ride safe, HI-Tek Rednek:42:

I also have a 2007 Heritage Softail Classic and I put V&H Big Shot Longs, SERT and a SE Stage One air box on it. I have had no problems at all and my ride is like a dream - great power throughout the band and no popping when decelerating - which tells me the fuel mixture is right on. So naturally I would recomment the SERT over all the others on the market. Hope this helps.

Hey "glider", "THANKS"a million for the reply back and the good info & advice. I'll definitely look into the TFI you mentioned.I'm not planning on getting into anything real heavy with the motor.I've given some thought about looking at those BAKER -6- speed tranny's tho. Espescially with all I've been reading & hearing about this 2007 5th gear noise.But my bike still only has about 512 miles on her as yet, so, I'm not quite ready to jump ship quite as yet. It's still early yet.Again, "THANKS" !!! Hi-Tek Rednek

Yo 'leapfreak', "THANKS" to you also for replying back to me. Your info and experience is very helpful. What color is your Heritage Softail? Mine is Jake & Elwood Blue Sunglo. Take it easy & ride safe, Hi-Tek Rednek

Hey guy - my Heritage is the basic Vivid Black - and with the extra chrome I have put on her - it definitely draws attention everywhere she goes. I was looking at a two tone blue model but let mama make the choice - so black it was. She rides behind me all the time so I wanted her to be happy as well.

Hey "glider", "THANKS"a million for the reply back and the good info & advice. I'll definitely look into the TFI you mentioned.I'm not planning on getting into anything real heavy with the motor.I've given some thought about looking at those BAKER -6- speed tranny's tho. Especially with all I've been reading & hearing about this 2007 5th gear noise.But my bike still only has about 512 miles on her as yet, so, I'm not quite ready to jump ship quite as yet. It's still early yet.Again, "THANKS" !!! Hi-Tek Rednek

You're welcome. I was giving some thought to the baker myself. I'm tired of the noises in the stock trans and from what I have been hearing, the baker is the way to go for better shifting and no noises. I actually think it is a compensator noise that is being transmitted back through the chain to the trans but that's only my thought. We will see where it goes from here.

"leapfreak",It's hard to beat a deep ,high-gloss,black paint job, and lots a shiny chrome. That's a head turning combination no matter where ya go.Also, you can do so many things to accent the paint job( such as graphics;pin striping;etc;etc;) it's endless.Good luck with her man!!! Ride safe,take it easy,Hi-Tek Rednek

Hey Rednek,

I have a 2007 Heritage and went with a Fuelpak along with V&H Q-Series pipes and a Stage 1 breather. I have been happy with the Fuelpak on my Heritage, especially after making a change on Mode 23 (from 16 to 50), which eliminated what little decel popping I was getting.

What I have heard is, if you are only going to change out the pipes and breather, then something like the Fuelpak is the way to go, but if you intend to make more modifications to the bike down the road, go ahead and get the SERT, as future changes will be easy to make.

Good luck, and happy riding.

Hey Waterdog, Many "thanks" for the return response and the heads up info you were so kind to pass along.I'll check it out.I'm definitely replacing the stock pipes and the stock breather, and my H-D Dealer said I would need to have a re-map if I made those changes. So, figured I may as well go ahead and get the EFI tuned in line with the rest of the replacements and get eveything "working on the same page" so to speak.My H-D Dealer also said that the Screamin Eagle Stage 1 kit would much easier and better to tune to my new pipes and the SERT EFI System, rather than the Arlen Ness Stage 1 kit. Not sure about that , he might just be trying to make a sale on his in-stock equipment to reduce his Summer inventory? I'm still doing some more asking and researching. If ya hear anything, send me a line will ya? "THANKS", Ride safe, HI-Tek Rednek

Back