free website stats program Dyno Numbers??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno Numbers???

Ok, so I have the 2010 Street Bob with V&H Big Shots Staggered Black Exhaust, V&H Duke Air Cleaner and TSS Mastertune.

The Bike was delivered to the the house today and I asked my wife to read me the numbers from the Dyno chart. The reading is 75.36 HP adn 85.61 Toque.

Do these numbers sound right to you guys? I was expecting a higher number for the HP.

Ok, so I have the 2010 Street Bob with V&H Big Shots Staggered Black Exhaust, V&H Duke Air Cleaner and TSS Mastertune.

The Bike was delivered to the the house today and I asked my wife to read me the numbers from the Dyno chart. The reading is 75.36 HP adn 85.61 Toque.

Do these numbers sound right to you guys? I was expecting a higher number for the HP.

Is there any way you can take a pic of the chart and post it?

I dont physically have access to the chart as I am in Afghanistan right now. I will see if I can get my wife to take a pic and email it to me, may be a day or so before I get it posted, but will work on it.

Ok, here is a copy of the chart.

Attachments

• DYNO.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont physically have access to the chart as I am in Afghanistan right now. I will see if I can get my wife to take a pic and email it to me, may be a day or so before I get it posted, but will work on it.

Ok, here is a copy of the chart.

Looks like the A/F ratio is around 13.6 or 13.7 straight across. Not sure that is the optimum setting. But will have to let some of the pfds on Dyno results pipe in.

TQ

The dotted line on the A/F ratio charts represents what the 'limit' of the ratio can be set to. At WOT, 13.6 to 1 is too lean by any standard. I know it, you know it & they know it,,,but their hands are tied. That is why the line is dotted to start with. Also notice they never tell you which pipe the probe is in. That is very important to know. I bet the sample was from the rear pipe. Which would mean your front is even leaner. I am sure more can be extracted from this engine, but you would have to turn the screws in yourself.

Is MasterTune a replacement ECM such as the Zipper,,Or are you still Delphi only with a piggy?

TTS by Mastertune reprgrams the stock ECM similar to to the way the SE pro super tuner does. Mastertune was the vendor that supplied the SE race tuner a few years back.
Those numbers look about right for a good stage one on a stock 96.
The new Roadglide ultra classic with a 103 dynoed at 68.1 hp and 85.2 ft/lb of torque.

TTS by Mastertune reprgrams the stock ECM similar to to the way the SE pro super tuner does. Mastertune was the vendor that supplied the SE race tuner a few years back.

That's interesting. Is there an advantage to using Mastertune over the SE software? I wonder if it has a "VCI" that records data real time similar to the SEST. I have to research this out. I did not realize there was another choice available to modify Delphi programming. It must be a "marry" type setup like the SEST I am sure.

It is always nice to have a choice. Tks for the info.

I was expecting a higher number for the HP.

Personally I would not get too focused on absolute numbers. The "area under the curve" is really more important. I mean look at your area under the curve for Torque.
H.P. is how fast you can perform work while Torque is twisting power to overcome inertia. I will take Torque all day.

Having a strong peak that falls off means nothing. You have lots of area under the curve for torque. Your doing good.:p

Also be very careful when reading Torque & H.P. numbers on an inertia dyno.
Not 1 but BOTH numbers are a function of an algorithm. Which is Very dangerous indeed.

Back