free website stats program Dual bulb halogen headlamp kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Dual bulb halogen headlamp kit

bfmitch

We have a lot of deer around here at night. Well, they're here in the day too but you know what I mean.

Has anybody installed the dual bulb halogen headlamp kit? Does it really work as well as the diagram in the accessory catalog shows? That diagram shows that it works nearly as well as the HID headlamp, but for a whole lot less money.

If that dual halogen headlamp really works well I'll be putting that kit on the Road King when I get it in a couple of weeks.

Instead of that I could get the Candlepower 7" quartz halogen headlamp. I had one of those (the 5 3/4" version) on my Sportster. It was a lot better than what came from the factory.

Ride with a friend who installed that kit.His low beam is now as bright as his old high beam.One major downside is we do some night riding and he is not allowed to ride behind us.We also seem to get alot of oncoming traffic flashing us there highbeams.

Theres bright, then theres overkill.

Ride with a friend who installed that kit.His low beam is now as bright as his old high beam.One major downside is we do some night riding and he is not allowed to ride behind us.We also seem to get alot of oncoming traffic flashing us there highbeams.

Theres bright, then theres overkill.

OK. I'll keep that in mind. I think I'll start off by putting a better halogen bulb in the stock headlamp and see what that does. I can always change that headlamp to the Candlepower headlamp like I did on the Sportster. Maybe the passing lights will help spot deer on the side of the road. I could also add some driving/fog lights on the engine guard.

I have the stock headlight and side lights. They seem adjusted properly but I still get flashed a lot. Is there a do it yourself check to make sure the lights are adjusted properly?
:USA

I have them and find to work well. I go to work at 5am through 30 miles of deer along the road every day.

I did a lot of adjustment on both the head and running lights. My head lights are focused way forward of the bike on the center line and the running more along the sides of the road. I just keep adjusting until I was happy and seldom do I get blinked from oncoming traffic.

I would have tried the european bulbs if I would have known about them, since they are rated at 55 watt but are suppost to be 25% brighter than US made 55 watts. And they are only 7 dollars for the bulb plus shipping.

Good luck!

Pretty pleased with Gliders suggestion.Osram 80/100 H4 in the How to section.The bulb is way superior on high as well as low beam.I found no need for any other lighting changes.If I do fog lights they will just be for oncoming safety.Get those bulbs.

Last edited:
Has anybody installed the dual bulb halogen headlamp kit? Does it really work as well as the diagram in the accessory catalog shows? That diagram shows that it works nearly as well as the HID headlamp, but for a whole lot less money.

If that dual halogen headlamp really works well I'll be putting that kit on the Road King when I get it in a couple of weeks.

Yes I have installed the dual bulb HALOGEN headlamp kit...and no it is not even as bright as the stock headlamp, a friend of mine even took his out, don’t get this confused with the HID from Harley as there is no comparison with the lighting between the two, although they do look alike and sometimes looks rule. I am looking into an aftermarket HID conversion kit for more lighting

I ordered Glider recommended H4 Halogen 80/100 bulb from GermanAutoParts.com today and specified the Osram brand. Can't wait to give it a try.

In fact I ordered two. The extra is for a buddy who rides his bike to work each night.

I ordered Glider recommended H4 Halogen 80/100 bulb from GermanAutoParts.com today and specified the Osram brand. Can't wait to give it a try.

In fact I ordered two. The extra is for a buddy who rides his bike to work each night.

The bulbs I ordered came in today and I went out to install one on my bike. Man was I disappointed, the darn thing does not fit in the bulb slot on my 09 Ultra. It has the three main tabs that align fine but the bulb has a 4th half round small tab between the top tab and the lower right tab. That smaller tab prevents the bulb from fitting down in the bulb housing slot. The OEM bulb doesn't have the 4th tab.

I guess I'll give both bulbs to my buddy, I presume they will fit the 06 RK he has.

Back