free website stats program Dual bulb halogen headlamp kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dual bulb halogen headlamp kit

What about removing the tab? Is the bulb in the right orientation to the socket?

Yes, the bulb was in the correct orientation to the socket. wider tab at 12 o'clock, two smaller tabs about 5 and 7. I suppose I could use some tin snips and cut that little tab at 2 o'clock, off. I was just surprised and taken aback it not fitting out of the box. Wondering if I should put it on the 09. You're probably right though, cut the thing off and it should be fine.
:USA
:GEORGIASTATE

The base of most bulbs is brass and that index nub can be ground filed down easily, may be a flush cut diagonal cutter also...

I was too busy riding with the local HOG's yesterday (180 miles :D) but this morning, I took my tin snips and cut that pesky little nub off the Qsram H-4 bulb. Actually, just barely started cutting and the thing popped off cleanly. Once removed the bulb fit perfectly.

I was in my garage and right away can tell my headlight is much brighter. Can't wait to try it at night.

:USA
:GEORGIASTATE

Back