free website stats program Dried bugs on windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dried bugs on windshield

Try putting a couple of damp bounce fabric softener sheets on your windshield for a few minutes. The chemical in them works wonders :) Also not harmful on paint.

wet towel not staying on -- why not just fold over at the top and put a couple clothes pins to hold it. Won't hurt anything.

Bill

part of my daily puttin her in the shed for the night includes throwin a protective towel over the front fender, two or three squirts of windex and both palms workin like in the karate kid (bugs on, bugs off ) until you dont feel any more residue, wipe down with a microfiber towel and perfect for the next day..dont let em harden overnight and much easier on you and the plastic..i do headlight too..

part of my daily puttin her in the shed for the night includes throwin a protective towel over the front fender, two or three squirts of windex and both palms workin like in the karate kid (bugs on, bugs off ) until you dont feel any more residue, wipe down with a microfiber towel and perfect for the next day..dont let em harden overnight and much easier on you and the plastic..i do headlight too..

Weldbead,
I recommend you steer clear of Windex for use on the windshield, the ammonia in it can etch it causing, fogging and crazing.
As other have suggested the use of warm water and soft cloth will help loosen the bug stuff with no ill effects. You could also try a wet dryer sheet and lightly rub until the stuff comes off, drawback is a copious amount of rinsing is required. JMHO

Weldbead,
I recommend you steer clear of Windex for use on the windshield, the ammonia in it can etch it causing, fogging and crazing.
As other have suggested the use of warm water and soft cloth will help loosen the bug stuff with no ill effects. You could also try a wet dryer sheet and lightly rub until the stuff comes off, drawback is a copious amount of rinsing is required. JMHO

Agreed, warm water on a micro cloth moving back and forth NOT in a circular motion. When clean finish up with pledge furniture polish, makes the next cleaning much easier. :s

Back