free website stats program Dried bugs on windshield | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dried bugs on windshield

When washing bike with soap that has wax in it usually takes care of bugs. Maybe a couple stubborn ones that bug remover or wax will clean off..

Since bug season is coming up, don't forget to apply Pledge to the windshield, the bugs will come off very easily, try it!

I have a 'Q-D' windshield for my '08 FLSTN and I normally wash it with warm toward hot water, and dishwashing soap before I put it back into it's box. I have found that is enough to remove the debris on the screen.

But:- I dry the screen with my U.S sourced Airforce Master Blaster. The warm ,high speed air stream gets rid of ALL the water and
I do not need to rub the thing dry. As far as i'm concerned, the less rubbing I have to on the screen, the better for it's longevity AND scratch-free existence.

This technique also works well on my fully-faired Triumph T595 screen and for my BMW HP2 with it's Isetta screen.

Have to say the warm Drier was a tip I picked up on this site many years ago and it has REALLY worked.

When I had RKC's while on road trips I would bring the windshield into the hotel room and let the hot water from the shower soften them bugs up. Than wash as normal, in the morning I had the only clean shield in the group.

Back