free website stats program Do You Heel Shift? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Heel Shift?

just trying to picture flipping toe shifter over u woudent have a pic to post thank you ...[/QUOTE
======================
He fllipped the lever over (outside to inside), removed the peg, and screwed it in from opposite side. Moves it closer to case a little.
I removed mine when I got it home. I like to "feel" the gears engage, I can't feel with the heel.

On my '97 Heritage, I took the rear shift lever and flipped it forward about 3" above my front shift lever. I had moustache bars on that scoot and I used it as a heel shifter while I had my feet up on the highway pegs. On my '09 Ultra, I just removed it as it's in the way...of my feet when my feet are on the floorboards (that don't happen very often)

I took mine off. Too used to just using toe after years of dirt bikes. I also like the added benefit of more room on floor board. I couldn't imagine putting it back on now.

tried using my heel shifter several times but it just seems more comfortable to keep my heel on the board and shift with the toe.

tried using my heel shifter several times but it just seems more comfortable to keep my heel on the board and shift with the toe.

My new Softail Deluxe is the first bike I have had with a heel shifter. I am 64 years young and hate to think that I'm too old to try or learn something new. This is my first Harley and I have adjusted to the heel shift and think it is great!

2007 rk popped it off before i left the dealer left hip replacement makes it impossible to lift up my heel with toes on floorboard.

Back