free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

I usually wave at all of them, but i can tell you that it is a dying trait. I have been riding for 14 yrs and i can tell a big difference. It seems now that everybody just wants to try to look all mean and cool. Aw well if they dont wave ill probably never see them again anyhow.

Hi to all just joined, from the uk, not long had my 883r sportster, and loving it,
over here, well around where i live if your on your harley 9 out of 10 sports bikes wont wave, but as i also have a jap bike when i'am on that the harley guys dont wave, guess we are just to small an island to be friendly, or is it me lol !!!

Hi to all just joined, from the uk, not long had my 883r sportster, and loving it,
over here, well around where i live if your on your harley 9 out of 10 sports bikes wont wave, but as i also have a jap bike when i'am on that the harley guys dont wave, guess we are just to small an island to be friendly, or is it me lol !!!

Hey Pete,

Welcome to the best HD site on the net. I hope you have a great time here and learn loads.

I don't know about you folks down the road from me in Zummerzet but up here in Glaaawster we waves at everyone boy. :D:D:D

Joking aside - I give a head nod to all motorbikes when I'm out on my Sporty and I get a nod back 9 out of 10 times. It's a 10 out of 10 from other cruisers but also most of the Sport bikes too. I ride a big Bandit also and it's much the same story.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Always, even to the kid on the Doodlebug running down the road illegally. That's how I started over 55 years ago and I appreciated the friendliness. I have also noted that most of the non wavers are v-twin riders, probably the same ones that don't stop if your broke down along the road.

:cheers

Two fingers down for two wheels on,,, to everyone,,,peroid. Some see it and respond some see it and don't,,, so what! peace out!

I'm with Mz Bling all the way... wave at all but get more responses from sport bikes than cruisers... oh well, that's life.

Question - do any of us 'wave' to get a response or to just be friendly? I like to wave to anyone driving/riding any bike - just me trying to be nice and friendly I suppose. I don't 'need' anyone to wave back to me and don't get upset when they don't - although it would be nice and appreciated. I also own/drive a Star 1100 Classic - on it I see just as many bikers wave back - HD, metric crusiers and Sportbikers. Just be nice - that's the best policy.

Bill

I was riding the other day and giving the wave to a sport bike helped me because he gave me the universal overhead wave indicating johnny law was just up the road.Iwas the only one to slow down and a cager got pulled over.

Back