free website stats program Do I have ABS? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do I have ABS?

A payout would be nice but could I ever get it installed instead? Or am I out of luck because its factory installed?

A payout is the only means of recourse. It can't be installed after the bike is delivered.
That's an expensive option isn't it. Something like $800-$1000 ?

That's too bad, I really wanted ABS (although apparently I didn't realize the benefit :) ). Yeah I wanna say I paid $849, but I'm not 100% on that.

You never know,,, you could have the option but it is just not working. Since the ABS light doesn't come on, it really could be something simple.

I am feeling better already!:)

Thanks for the help Hoople! I'm getting less skeptical, maybe it just has been a simple problem all along. I'm riding out of town this weekend but on my next set of days off I'll be talking to the dealer.

Surely it's listed on your paperwork somewhere. It's a $1,200 option and includes security. Does your bike have a security system? If not it probably doesnt' have ABS either. At least that's what MOCO offers now I'm not sure what it was in 2008.

Something you can do while out of town, stop at a Harley dealer go to service ask them to run your VIN and it will show all the specs that came with your bike. Then you have concrete info to approach selling dealer with....

Ok, so I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I checked my paperwork and didn't pay for ABS. Not sure what made me think it did. I also had a look at the calipers and there's no wires. That answers my question about the skidding, lack of pulsing in the pedal and never seeing the ABS light. I'm sooo sorry for wasting everyone's time but thanks anyways, especially Hoople. Sometimes having a brain injury makes my memory mess with my mind.
WAP.gif

Back