free website stats program deep rumble sounding pipes, not necessarily loud | Harley Davidson Forums

deep rumble sounding pipes, not necessarily loud

ramadka

I have a 10 road king and was considering some slip ons. I want a nice deep low rumbling sound and it doesnt have to be the typical loud crackling sound like snap caps. Any recommendation? thanks.

I like my Monster Ovals as well can hear the radio cruising down the road but open her up and will def talk to ya lol

I have been using the SuperTrapp, Supermeg exhaust for about a year and they do exactly what you are asking about. You can get either a full system or slip-ons. You can tune the system yourself by adding the supplied disks at the tail end. Fewer disks, more torque and less noise. More disks, more Hp and noise. I run 14 of the twenty disks. If you use a high flow air filter you will want a TFI to run the fuel mixture a little richer.

Ramadka,
Go to fuelMoto.com and take a look at what they have to offer. Just bought their Dynotuned pipes with black end caps, Power Commander V, and the Ness Big Sucker to complete the Stage I. Pipes sound absolutely great! Little louder than the Bub 7 slip-ons or the Rhinharts, but not too loud while up on step touring IMO. Power increase was very noticable. Very nice and well finished chrome. Estatic on the quality and you won't find better service support.

ok thanks, with so many options now i gotta figure the $$$ lol, a lot more expensive than when I used to upgrade my sport bikes lol

I've had the V&H monster ovals on now for about 2500 miles and I love them. They have a deep rumble, you can still hear the radio cruising and they do bark with a resectable rumble when you romp on it. They are a little pricey but I think they are worth it in the long run. They accent the bags real nice too. I have gotten quite a few good remarks about them from other riders. Good luck choosing. Ride safe

I put the Super Trapps on mine, but the kind that you don't have to mess with. You can feel it coming down the road before you hear it. I can talk to my wife without any trouble but when I open it up, you know it.

i like the bassani 517 got a rumble can talk over um on highway but when ya crack the throttle ya know they are there

My buddy has a Road King with V&H True Duals and the Monster Ovals. WOW...what a low tone they have. Not overly loud but wow...very low rumble. Nice, but not exactally what I'm looking for.

Back