free website stats program Decision making help on an Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decision making help on an Ultra

I bought my 09 because of the colour and because it had abs. I still think you should buy the bike! I've put almost 19K on mine. Your bike isn't broken in yet!

Good price, low miles and 2009 is the year of the stiffer frame & subtle improvements over previous models.

2009ModelYearFeatures.jpg

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, I was wanting a blue bike in 2006 and got an orange & creme colored bike that I love so much I can't decide to let go of it until I hear another one talk to me. :s Just sayin' don't worry about the color if it isn't first choice. I would have never dreamed of a dreamciscle for a bike. :s

Been doing alot of reading here today and sounds like I'm going to have to lay some coin down for some slip on's, breather kit and fuel injection programmer of some sort (aside from some chrome goodies too:D).

That's what it takes to make it your's!!

8 "go for it's" and not a single "nay"...thanks guys, this is what I needed to hear to re-affirm my decision.

The color isn't bad at all, just wouldn't have picked it as my first choice if buying new and could choose anything.

Been doing alot of reading here today and sounds like I'm going to have to lay some coin down for some slip on's, breather kit and fuel injection programmer of some sort (aside from some chrome goodies too:D).

Oh boy, here we go again!!

Good for you and you will never look back........ Look at the TFI from Dobeck.
A lot of good reading about it here.

About the colour. I bought my Fatboy because it was in such good condition with loooooww miles. I wouldn't have picked pearl white but as time has gone on and I see the bike shine in the sunlight with overtones of gold I've come to like it and now wouldn't change it if I could. Go for it.
Ishmael

I was anxious to read about the improvements posted by "NEWHD74FAN" but the first two links aren't working for me and the third sais I have to have 150 posts or more to download :(

For the price I would grab it, run it a year or two and if I still hated the color, I'd get it painted. You still come out ahead

This bike is like a "denim" blue....kind of like a blue-grey color.
Has a silver and lighter blue pinstripe pattern throughout.
Looks nice just not as "catchy" as I would have gone otherwise.

Get a couple of coats of wax on that paint, and polish up that chrome, it will look real nice. I didn't care for the color of mine when I first got it, but now that it shines it kind of grew on me.

Back