free website stats program Decel popping and surge at cruise on 2012 Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decel popping and surge at cruise on 2012 Ultra

Definitely have a leak of some-sort...exhaust/intake. Glad the dealership's taking ownership + action to fix. Keep us posted on your progress.

Definitely have a leak of some-sort...exhaust/intake. Glad the dealership's taking ownership + action to fix. Keep us posted on your progress.

Bike in shop since 6/20. Replaced headpipes, mufflers, ecm, egos, checked plugs, fuel pressure, compression and intake leaks. Still runs bad. HD involved, has service rep coming tomorrow. Got my 07 Ultra back for loaner, though. Any body thinkin' about trading up to a new ride, please give it some serious thought. The 07 beats it in EVERY category other than looks and handling. Friend of a friend having same issue with his brand new stock CVO Ultra-two weeks old, been in shop for a week and they haven't fixed his yet!

Latest update:Got bike back this past weekend. Dealer replaced injectors per HD. Also had regulator recall done. Runs GREAT! Put 300 miles on it, so far so good. Feels like a completely different bike. 6th gear is awesome compared to 07 Ultra. Can cruise all day at 55 mph and still roll on the throttle to pass without downshifting. Even parade mode works ok. Apparently, front cylinder injector was really bad since new. I thought it just needed a longer break-in. Thanks all for your input.

I had an issue the same as that,the throttle position sensor needed a small adjustment and ran fine afterwards.
BUT it"s a new bike.
dealer needs to make it thier problem as it should still have plenty of warranty left

I bought (Jun 2012) a used 2009 Ultra with 650 miles. I love this bike; any way after the rush wore off I noticed a surge when at a steady MPH. It didn't matter if I used cruise or just my hand. It felt like a small wind gust. I always lead when my buddy and I ride; he says he can see the surge. The gauges do not change ie RPMS or speedo. Sence the bike sat for about three years I thought seafoam would work, 2-3 tanks with add. It did get better. Than I did some long group rides, I thought it was fixed. I guess the un staedy MPH in a group fooled me. I started riding solo again and the surge is back. I just bought Arlen Ness Big Sucker and the GEN 3, this is me winter project. I hope this will take care of the issue. I hate paying HD just to tell me its fine. Been there done that. That would be another post, sorry!

Back