free website stats program Dealer for Spectro | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer for Spectro

Hey bradp,..get creative!!..Buy the case and then sell qts. on E-Bay or Craigs List...I might would be one of your buyers!!!

Last edited:
Got three buds I ride with. All Harley's, and was hoping they'd get on board and we could share the cost, but they think I'm crazy to do anything other than dealer recommendation. SYN3, all holes. Amsoil 20w50 all holes, and no, they do not take part in this forum as you may have figured out.

Bottom line, if HD put 3 separate holes for lubricant, why would you put only 1 type for all 3. Yeah it is true Syn3 is an HD lubricant they put in at the factory, but 1st oil change they are responsible for is only 500 miles...long term does it really make sense? Engine, wide temperature variation, oil pump pressurized with fine filter lubrication, through tiny passages, convection cooled by engine fins, conduction cooled by oil/metal contact and remote oil tank; Tranny, temperature range modest, straight cut and hypoid gears meshing need EP lubricant, oil splash/slinging lubrication must be sticky and slippery as possible; Chain/Clutch, lots of oil slinging and splashing, needs to "stick to parts" but not be too slippery for oil wetted clutch to work properly, yet if slung on case sides, drip back down to sump quickly. Seriously, can one type of oil do all that right?

Time to put this one to bed. Guy gave me a break at the Kaw dealership. Ordered a case of Spectro 6spd tranny fluid for me this afternoon. Should have it in three days. Just under $300.00, including the tax.
engine- mobilvtwin 20w-50
primary- HD formula+
trans- spectro 6spd 75w-140

Yep, drinking is definitely cheaper...just stay home when you do so, hospital bills and health care is not the best way to spend money or time!

I called all the dealers around me today for the Spectro 6 speed oil and none of them had any. I had to go to my dealer after work for a filter and o rings and while I was being rung up at the parts counter I was looking around at the different display's maybe something would catch my eye. I took a glance at the Syn 3 display and noticed some different bottles at the bottom, As I walked over the closer I got I noticed a red 6 on the front of the bottle. I couldn't believe it there were 3 bottles sitting right there. Even after I called earlier and the person I asked said they didn't have it, and on the way up I stopped at 4 auto parts stores to see if they had it. It was right there at my dealer all the time. They said they get it in every now and then, so after I put it in I'll let them know how it works maybe they will carry more of it.

Back