free website stats program Curious Question! Loudest pipes on the market? | Harley Davidson Forums

Curious Question! Loudest pipes on the market?

I would think a set of dual short drag pipes would be the loudest. Guy up the street from my brother's place has a chop with these on it and it's pretty loud even at low rpms. They will steal your low end power though, a 2 into 1 would give you better low end.

Those drag pipes are even a bit louder than my V&Hs dual big shots. I am currently putting the quiet baffles in them to quite them down a little and take away that metal tapping sound they have at a certain RPM. I kinda like the throaty sound more than open headers. Also I've had to ride behind drag pipes (or even pipes like mine with no baffles) and it's kinda obnoxious, but then I just an older guy with bad ears so what do I know.

You can look at some different pipe videos with sound on YouTube if you search around.

Better get earplugs!!:D

Agree with R W B, back when I was looking at my first Harley, I test rode a sporty that had V&H shot shots, they were VERY loud!

Straight pipes no baffles...very loud, but lose power and attracts LEO's!! :s

Baffled V&H short shots while very loud are not obnoxious...but still not necessarily legal depending on local and state laws. :)

:good

I had a set of Porker Pipes from White Bros. They were so loud that nobody would ride behind me. Like the stright drag pipes they are very hard to tune to and the LEOs can the can hear you coming from miles away.

I had Fishtail Drags on my FLHT. They were way too loud. I finally tamed them some with some home made baffles and splitters:s Loud does not always equate with faster and more power in fact most of the time it robs us, and LEO are always waiting

My V & H shortshots are pretty loud, but with the baffles in place and a little restraint on the throttle they're not too bad. I don't want to antagonize the neighbors nor the leos so I wait for that long and lonesome highway to enjoy them.
Ishmael

Are you just looking for noise or do you have performance gains in mind????
I know with louder mufflers on my EG I rode alot less than with quiet ones...
You could just remove the mufflers and put some type of turn out on end of front pipes so not to burn leg..

I currently have drag pipes on it now they came from cycle shack or something like that. They dont go two into one, its two straight pipes. They are loud, but I guess what im getting at is that the sound I want they dont provide. I tell myself all the time when im out and about I hear other bikes they sound louder than mine. I guess its because im riding mine and I have never let anyone ride my bike for me to see really how loud they are. That may be the problem. lol

I currently have drag pipes on it now they came from cycle shack or something like that. They dont go two into one, its two straight pipes. They are loud, but I guess what im getting at is that the sound I want they dont provide. I tell myself all the time when im out and about I hear other bikes they sound louder than mine. I guess its because im riding mine and I have never let anyone ride my bike for me to see really how loud they are. That may be the problem. lol

That, and you are ahead of the noise. While out riding try to meet up with a guy that has loud pipes and ride behind him.. I bet you will not stay there for long....:)

Back