free website stats program Curious Question! Loudest pipes on the market? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Curious Question! Loudest pipes on the market?

Any pipes with no baffles. The only question is which rider do you want to offend the most. The guy on your right, get side shots, the guy behind you, streight shots. Oh, don't forget to rev up the motor every time you go under an overpass, this will insure no one will want to ride with you. I told my buddy if continued to do that I was done.

i love my rush slash cut exhaust. there have a great little grumble at idle, then when you get on the throttle they are loud. i didnt realise how loud they were until i let my cousin take it for a spin. i could hear him for about 1 mile or so.

Straight pipes no baffles...very loud, but lose power and attracts LEO's!

I'm very glad you added this. Engines need a bit of back pressure to run. The valve over-lap time actually drags fresh, fuel enriched air right out the open exhaust if the system isn't blanced. Like the draw of a chimney flue.

In my area we seem to have a multitude of dressers without windshields, trimmed in ape-hangers and straight pipes. I've watched these guys crack the throttles wide open, and you can hear them for miles.

But if you see one, don't watch the bike, watch the cars around them. The bike doesn't leap ahead. In fact, it usually stays nearly even with the wolf-pack of cagers.

I've done the minimal amount of breathing enhancements on my Sportster in an effort to solve the 'heat' issue. Granted, I picked up a few DBs, but more on the throaty side. And I out-accelerate these ape-hung straight-pipe dresser-ish conglomerations every time.

I worry that my modist SE slip ons are goint to contribute to the eventual legislation for quiet bikes. I have no dought that the open pipes will get it done.

I worry...eventual legislation for quiet bikes.

From my corrrespondence with other bikers in different states that movement has already begun.

Here in Wisconsin (or at least in Dane County) pipes don't mean a thing. At the service bay at my dealership I've seen a dresser with straight pipes light up right next to a Dane County Sheriff motor officer who didn't even look up.

We have Madison and Dane County officers there all of the time. It's the only Madison dealer and they serve free coffee. No one, ever, ever, ever has been ticketed or chased down for straight pipes.

And there's a lame ritual here. Despite the three blocks of atrocious broken concrete that leads to the frontage road, every idiot with straight pipes bangs two or three gears at full throttle when leaving.

Since they don't know what to buy they probably don't know how to drive and one of those loud dressers is going to wind up in the ditch. My only concern is the question of should I help fish him out...

commercial plug...

I have a set of Vance & Hines slip ons for a Sporster for sell. (see for sale posts)

Too loud for me, they do have baffles in them that I'm told can be removed.

I have straight drags on my '91 Dyna with power cones at the heads. This is one of the loudest bikes around. But you do have to fiddle with the carb to get it tuned to compensate. Low end suffers. So it depends on what you want it for.

TQ

I have Thunderheader 2 into 1 pipes. They are very loud and add horsepower. There have been issues with some, the chrome has some serious discoloration. I have the black pipes that blend in with my black denim bike. I have seen several pedestrians plug (stick fingers into) their ears when I drive by...
:D

Back