free website stats program Cruise Control, what is the max you can set it? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control, what is the max you can set it?

Hey Hoggy it works...I can set it to 85 and then if I slowly "bump it" one mile at a time I can get to go right about 89 mph.
Folks understand I am not a speed demon by no means. I normally cruise between 70-80mph depending on what road I am on. However there is that one stretch between St. Agustine, Florida and the first exit of Daytona, FL that seems to be a 90mph or better zone and if you do not keep with the flow of traffic they (cages and trucks) will drive over you.

The days of no speed limit or high speed limits in Montana are long gone. Although the rumor continues. I lived up there in those times and they have reversed that decision some time ago. There are a lot of wide open spaces, but if the Montana HW patrol nails you, be ready to pay. :s

I got a speeding ticket in MT and paid on the spot and it still went on my record and raised my insurance rates

Called the dealership to find out and they said they would have to call an HD representative to ask as they did not know the answer and they would get back with me (that was Monday).

This is funny and sad at the same time. I brought my 09 Ultra into deealer 3 times since I bought it last Mar 09 because it wouldn't go above 95'ish MPH and the cruise control would always shut down between 85-90. I was basically told they couldnt find anything wrong/causing either issue and everything worked fine in the shop. However, after the last time I brought it is (just before Sturgis week 09) I could mysteriously and easily get it above 100mph, but the cruise issue remianed. At least I know why now. :) WHo the (EDIT) has time to read the freaking manual anyway. That's what forums are for...right.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
85 mph is the most for my bike & if it is set @ 85 mph and the bike hit a hill & the computer compensates for the grade & accelerates the bike it will kick the cruise off . I ask the dealer to reset the limit on the computer to the most that they could and they said that they could not do that . I do not know if they have insructions from the MOCO not to do it because of liability issues or that they can not access the program in the computer . It seem to me that if the computer controls the cruise and it has set limits that there would be a way to reprogram the computers cruise control limits .

Back