free website stats program Cruise Control, what is the max you can set it? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control, what is the max you can set it?

Slapp

I installed cruise control on the 09 EG and on the way to Daytona I was trying to set it and it would not let me go above an 85 mph setting. When I tried setting it at anything above 85 it would not engage. Is 85 the max you can set cruise for? Called the dealership to find out and they said they would have to call an HD representative to ask as they did not know the answer and they would get back with me (that was Monday). Anybody outhere know the answer? Is it part of the programing as a safety feature or what?
As a side note my truck will allow me to set cruise at 90mph but will shut the motor down at 100mph, when speed drops down to about 94 motor will pick up again. Must be a safety feature.

Slapp you're nuts, setting a cruise above 85, I knew there was something I liked about you:) But, yep, that's the limit, go figure.

Hahahah must be riding across Montana? We usually blast along there as there's nothing for miles. Oh and they have a very high speed limit. : )

I dug out my owners manual and sure enough there it was, minimum is 30 and max is 85mph. Some friends and I where heading to Daytona and we hit 95 South and we really openend up the bikes, at 85 cars where passinng us as if we where standing still. Tried setting the cruise for a little higher and it just wouldn't work, kinda ticks me off...you spend hundreds and in some of you guys cases thousands to go fast and you can't even set the cruise and enjoy the ride.
Well I guess I now ask a NEW question; how do you overide it so it can be set higher?

On my trip last year the cruise would not let me set it above 85, however I used the thump control to bump it to 90. Didn't try it higher. Maybe mines a fluke but it let me bump it up but not set it. I tried also to bump it down form 30 but no go. Think that was because you cannot be in cruise in second gear and third is lugging even at 30mph. SO you might try bumping it up 1 mph at a time next time you're trying to have it work over 85. I'd really like to be able to set it down to around 15 mph or so because I take a lot of photos in the state and national parks as I'm riding as there are not enough places sometimes to pull over for the best shots.

Hahahah must be riding across Montana? We usually blast along there as there's nothing for miles. Oh and they have a very high speed limit. : )

The days of no speed limit or high speed limits in Montana are long gone. Although the rumor continues. I lived up there in those times and they have reversed that decision some time ago. There are a lot of wide open spaces, but if the Montana HW patrol nails you, be ready to pay. :s

Have you thought about useing the old time throttle
lock ? Its not the best but its work pretty good as
long as your not going up hill.

Back