free website stats program Cross Bones Saddle bags | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cross Bones Saddle bags

I really like the Cross Bones Saddle bags too. Have you thought about using bag lines with them? My friend has saddle bag liners for his road king, they weren't made for his road king but they fit in great and seem to be really handy.
Bags or liners keep my stuff in the bags dry but I still end up with a pool of water in the bottom of my bag if its raining or even ride on wet roads.

no nothing got ruined. It's not that the bag aren't water proof, it's that the top flap doesn't come all the down on top of the opening. If you get down in line with the top of the bag when it's closed you can see a 1 or 2 inch gap between the lid and the opening.
I'm probably just gonna modify them so they don't leak, I hardly sell anything, and I like the bags.

Whoa baby! 1-2 INCH gap...time to write MOCO prez or someone higher up in the food chain...THAT is ridiculous. :bigsmiley22:

You should see a HD Service Bulletin before you stop pushing the issue, whether you fix it personally yourself or not. Maybe even push a consumer advocacy group to help move the cause forward. :small3d015:

I ride the 08 crossbones, and my friend has one with the HD saddle bags. Had the same problem. He cut the top of the plastic strip off( about a 1/4 inch) with an air die cutter and wheel to allow them to set all of the way down on the front and back side of the bags. He took the bags off and clamped the lid back to keep it out of the way when He cut them. He's leaving on a three week trip Wed. so we will what happens.
Ken

Back