free website stats program Cross Bones Saddle bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Cross Bones Saddle bags

W

wildspirit97

I really liked the look of the CrossBones Saddlebags, so I shelled out the $600. They LEAK!! It's in the design, There's a plastic piece on the top of the lid flap that won't allow the top of the bag to close all the way. I thought about taking the plastic piece off but then decided to go to a leather shop and just have some side flaps come down off the top flap with a couple of snaps.
By the way, I wasn't even riding "in" the rain, I was behind it and the roads were just wet. The next day when I looked in my bags, I saw they were full of mud.:17:

Just a heads up:s

Nah, there's really no point. It's not the Dealers fault the bags don't hold water out, and I really don't think the bags claimed to hold out water either.

Sometimes,if they know about a problem they will tell other potential purchasers:)

Oh, if that's what you mean, I did mention it to the Sales Manager who has an office right next to a Cross Bones with those bags on it.:s We both decided it's a design flaw.:17:

Do you have any before and after pictures?... I'm sure they look good and with your mods probably make them just fine now!

Do you have any before and after pictures?... I'm sure they look good and with your mods probably make them just fine now!
I haven't got the flaps put on yet I still have to find someone that can do it.
I'll get some before pics, but the afters might be a couple weeks, depending on how long it takes me to find some one, and how long it take them.
I just got the Bags Friday.

I know Corbin makes some hard bags for the bones. My friend has a Stratoliner with Corbin bags, they are so very nice. Pricey, but if you're going to put bags on a bike, Corbin is the way to do it. Maybe you can sell your bags on craigslist or something, take that money and get some of those hard bags. They are leak proof for sure.

I would have never thought that the leather bags for the bones were not waterproof. Sorry to hear about all that mud. Did it ruin anything you might have had in the bags?

I know Corbin makes some hard bags for the bones. My friend has a Stratoliner with Corbin bags, they are so very nice. Pricey, but if you're going to put bags on a bike, Corbin is the way to do it. Maybe you can sell your bags on craigslist or something, take that money and get some of those hard bags. They are leak proof for sure.

I would have never thought that the leather bags for the bones were not waterproof. Sorry to hear about all that mud. Did it ruin anything you might have had in the bags?
no nothing got ruined. It's not that the bag aren't water proof, it's that the top flap doesn't come all the down on top of the opening. If you get down in line with the top of the bag when it's closed you can see a 1 or 2 inch gap between the lid and the opening.
I'm probably just gonna modify them so they don't leak, I hardly sell anything, and I like the bags.

I really like the Cross Bones Saddle bags too. Have you thought about using bag lines with them? My friend has saddle bag liners for his road king, they weren't made for his road king but they fit in great and seem to be really handy.

Back