free website stats program crash bar or highway bar & pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

crash bar or highway bar & pegs

coopernicus

Contributor
Hello everyone, hope someone can help with this dilema. I need to stretch my legs out on long rides and can't decide on the hd whiskers ( highway bar and pegs) or the hd mustache crash bar ( which has a place to put your feet on top)
I was hoping someone with a heritage with stock floorboards and stock brake and shifter length could give me some input.

I have just the setup you described. I added a set of (Harley)highway pegs to my mouschstash bar. I have them set so that I can put my feet on the pegs or hang them over the pegs. I don't use the top of the bar any longer. My peg brackets are adjusted so that i can rest the front part of my foot on the bracket and my heel on the floor boards. It makes for four different ride positions and keeps the fatigue down.

When I had my Heritage, I had the Kuryakyn ISO pegs on my crash bar with the stirrups for the heels of your foot. Very comfortable. I even removed them from the Heritage when I traded it in, and they're now on my Ultra Limited. jmho, but I wouldn't have any other setup.

I don't have a Heritage, but I've got highway pegs with the factory boards on my Street Glide. Like Doctor727, mine are adjusted so I have several different position options. I would vote for the highway pegs because they are more versatile.

My pegs are turned in a little bit,straight out they were too far away.Mustache might be also.I vote for engine guard and hwy pegs.

Another vote for mustache bar. I can not believe how wide these bikes can get with pegs on the crash bar. And if mounted low on crash bar, always wonder if they interfered with cornering??????

Another vote for mustache bar. I can not believe how wide these bikes can get with pegs on the crash bar. And if mounted low on crash bar, always wonder if they interfered with cornering??????

It's weird that HD calls their highway bar (whiskers adjustable highway bar) and they call theircrash bar with the footrests a (mustache engine guard). Every where else I looked calls their highway bar a mustache bar not whiskers. Any way if you look up hd's whiskers bar it is fully adjustable and you can also put the pegs of your choice on them. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Back