free website stats program code 34 | Harley Davidson Forums

code 34

redtide

I have a 02 road king that won't idle down. When I went to chek the TPS I found the O ring between the TB and intake in three pieces. Could this be the problem and throw a 34 code. thanks for any info. Sam

Very possible but the code stands for...
Current 34 Loss of idle speed control IDLE AIR CONTROL. More than likely a problem with the IAC that the "O" ring came off of.

Just to let ya'll know it was the O ring causing my high idle problem. Must have been messin with the IAC. Check light still comes and goes. Pulled code 34 still. After cheking some of gliders posts, found out that after 50 starts will clear itself and not come back if O ring was the problem. This is my only ride so it should'nt take long. But if there is a way of clearing without taking her to the dealer I would like to know. thanks SAM

No way Sam, it's 50 starts and thanks for finding that so I didn't have to post it. Let it ride for the 50 starts.

OK glider. Just to let ya know I see you do alot to help for us less fortunate. Keep up the good work. I will search the forums before I would trouble any of the knowledgeable(if the spelling is wrong we can blame the wife) members of this site. Again keep up the good work.

you might try unhooking the Battery for 5 or 10 minutes. That works on my Dodge.

OK glider. Just to let ya know I see you do alot to help for us less fortunate. Keep up the good work. I will search the forums before I would trouble any of the knowledgeable(if the spelling is wrong we can blame the wife) members of this site. Again keep up the good work.

Thanks Sam. Glad to help out.:s

[you might try unhooking the Battery for 5 or 10 minutes. That works on my Dodge.]

LOL!!! She ain't no Dodge. She's a lady! OK did try it. Left disconnected for 30 mins. still has it. Only got @ 20 more starts, that will be done in a couple days. Just hope it don't come back. Thanks for the suggestion though.

[you might try unhooking the Battery for 5 or 10 minutes. That works on my Dodge.]

LOL!!! She ain't no Dodge. She's a lady! OK did try it. Left disconnected for 30 mins. still has it. Only got @ 20 more starts, that will be done in a couple days. Just hope it don't come back. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I figured it was worth a shot. I pretty sure the Harley shop can clear the codes with the digital tech., but they might charge ya unless your good at sweet talk. I'm glad they made the newer ones easy to check and clear by the owner.

Couple nights of bar hoppin' should get ya 20 starts :cheers

I think there is a different pattern for historic codes rather than active codes. If you have the historic code pattern, then your 50 start cycles (of 30 sec or longer each) will get the job done. If you have a current trouble code, you will have to fix the problem first.

TQ

Back